Girl Talk

^^Regina in pic with Rai^^

"Regina, OMGosh! Guess who texted me?" I asked as she was pulling out of the parking space of party city. "Hmm...let me guess..Adonis!" She laughed as she pulled onto the busy street. I gave a big smile and looked through my phone to read her our message thread.

UNKNOWN: I hope I'm not intruding, Regina gave me your number.

RAI: Oh hey, no not at all. I just didn't know who you were.

RAI: How are you

UNKNOWN: Oh so you remember me 😁

RAI: Of course I remember you. How could not remember a smile like yours? 😊😊

UNKNOWN: I'm flattered. I'm surprised a beautiful woman like yourself with so much going for you would even take a second glance at me.

RAI: Hmm..is that so. 🤔
RAI: That's how you perceived it huh?

UNKNOWN: I mean your beautiful, you were surrounded by your family showing you love
UNKNOWN: And let's not forget that ball of joy your expecting, just got your pretty ass glowing!

RAI: Oh wow! I guess some times it takes someone on the outside looking in to remind you of your little day to day blessings you take for granted.

UNKNOWN: That's facts babygirl

RAI: So, how did you meet my family

UNKNOWN: Well I've been bringing my daughter by the shop every other weekend for the past 2 years.

RAI: Oh ok. So your daughter's mom introduced you?

UNKNOWN: Lol, naw. I just needed her hair done at the last minute and happen to be driving by the shop when they were having an event.

RAI: That's wazzup. Yeah, they do a lot for the kids in the community.

UNKNOWN: Man I'm so glad I came across them, they are life savers and Sydney loves them. She won't even let anyone else touch her hair since Jean started doing it. Smh...

RAI: Sydney. That's your daughters name right?
RAI: I agree with her, Jean works miracles. Nobody else touches my hair either.

UNKNOWN: Yeah
UNKNOWN: I wonder why our paths haven't crossed until now.

RAI: Maybe it wasn't time. Everything happens for a reason.

UNKNOWN: So you agree that we should cross paths again then?

"And at that point I stopped texting him. I don't even know how to respond to that." Regina had been listening intently to the whole conversation making different facial expressions and smiling from time to time. "Sounds to me like the man is trying to spend some time with you." I smacked my teeth and put my phone in my purse. "I mean I got that, but seriously. Like you don't know why I didn't know how to respond?" Laughing as she turned into the parking lot of the Longhorns restaurant "So what's the big deal? I mean what's stopping you from responding? It's either a yes or a no" I looked at her like she grew 3 heads. "Oh it's as simple as a yes or no huh?! Excuse me, have you met Maurice?" She didn't even know about what he had done to Malik and I still wasn't sure if he knew what happened when I was "MIA" as he calls it. "Well if you have to ask that question then you have your answer, you just don't wanna accept it. If you wanna meet the man do so, if not say no, but I refuse to sit here and tell you yes or no. You will not be pointing a finger at me if this all blow up in your face." She had was talking a mile a minute while I was still trying to get out the truck to follow her to the door of the restaurant. Once I caught up to her I was huffing a bit "Oh, now your out of it, you gave the man my number!" I said while waddling and breathing heavy going into the restaurant. "You good" she raised her eyebrows and chuckled a bit when she noticed how I was breathing. "Shut up! You and Maurice and them damn trucks! Lawd I swear them things are horrible getting in and out of." I sighed loudly as my breathing finally returned to normal. We both burst out when the waiter came to seat us, he had this look on his face as if he were really concerned. "Are you ok Mrs?" Fanning her hand at me dismissively Regina answered him "Dont pay her no mind, she just having moving around cause pregnant!  Come on child!" She grabbed my hand to speed up my walk as we followed the waiter to our table. "I will have a Pepsi and so will she" Regina informed the waiter as he placed the menus on the table. "Ok ladies I'll be right back with your drinks" As were looking over our menu I got a text message and a smile came to my face before I even picked the phone up thinking it was Adonis.

MAURICE: Did you enjoy the spa? Feeling more relaxed?

RAI: I've been relaxed since your personal massage earlier, but yes I did enjoy the spa thank you

I shook my head as I sent the text, remembering my morning with him. "That's Adonis now?" Regina asked looking up from her menu. "Naw, it's just Maurice." Shaking her head focusing back to her menu "I know you told us y'all were having problems getting along lately, but what's the real deal? Every time he comes around or someone even mentions him it's like your whole attitude sours." Her head snapped up quickly and her eyes got wide as saucer "Is he hitting you?" She damn near hollered and I had to look around to make sure it didn't draw the attention of the people around us. "Girl no!" I took a deep breath and shook my head. Sighing I decided to just tell her about Ann and the baby he wasn't sure was his. He is or was cheating on me and the girl is pregnant. She says its his" I said leaning as far across the table as my stomach would allow me to and whispered. Her eyebrows shot up and she then she got this murderous look in her eyes. "You want me to kill him? NO, no I can't kill him your having his baby and you wouldn't want her to bbn grow up without a father because her crazy Godmother decided to shank her father. Naw, naw..that wouldn't work. I could just cut his legs off from the knees down and he would be in a wheelchair and then no woman would want him but you, but wait that would be too much for you cause you would have to take care of him and a new baby at the same time and end having a nervous breakdown because you couldn't handle the stress cause you don't know how to take outside help. Oooh ooh I know..I could  just..." I put my hand up to stop her ranting. "No cousin" I chuckled a bit. She hunched her shoulders and started looking over the menu again. "I just need time to process it all and figure out where we go from here." Not even looking from her menu this time she responded "Child we all go through it with these men. You can't stress yourself though. You just gotta look at the whole situation and figure out if you can deal with this. If you can forgive him and go forward. If you can't cut that sucka off and get you a new Adonis" she smiled big "You like how I did that huh? I know,  I know, I be doing them thangs when I do em." The waiter finally showed back up and we ordered our food and I gave her the details about how I found out and what's been going on since then, but I completely omitted the part about Malik. That, I was taking to my grave.
"Regina, I gotta make a stop." I was pretending to be preoccupied with my phone. "Girl we have literally everything we need and more for this baby shower, not to mention the fact that we've been gone for about five hours and I be damned if that man of yours cuss me out for you over exerting yourself." I rolled my eyes as she continued on her route to my house. "I gotta check on somebody real quick. 15-20 minutes tops, then I promise I will even sit on my recliner with my feet up all evening and tomorrow" She had started shaking her head before I could finish my sentence and she was still shaking it. "No, no, uhn, uhn. You try to get murdered before you can meet that precious baby?!" I huffed and folded my arms over my chest. After about five minutes of us not talking she finally gave in. "I know for sure I'm going to regret this" A huge smile spread across my somber face and if my belly wouldn't have been in the way I would've hugged and kissed her while she was still driving. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" Instead of hugging her I clapped and bounced up and down. She smacked her teeth and said "Dont get too happy Raichelle, I'm only giving you fifteen minutes and if your not out by then I'll drag you out myself" I had no ideal what kind of shape Malik was in, or what his mental state was like, but I was dying to just confirm that he was alright.

                       🥰😍😘❤
Ok guys! I know what scene you guys have been itching to read about and the next chapter I got you! Thanks for reading and as always remember to comment, vote and share