Get Away (part 1)

With all the windows down and the stereo blasting "Emotional Rollercoaster" (Vivian Green) I was flying on the expressway. I k how I was doing well over the speed limit, but my mind was racing and I was feeling some f***** up type of way. I started off with just blowing off steam by driving without a destination, then I decided to go to Lady's house but changed my mind. That's the first place he would look. I needed somewhere I felt comfortable, safe so I could get my mind right, take a hot bath and get some sleep if possible. Although I had many people that would open their doors for me without any notice, I didn't want to be inconsiderate because it wasn't even light outside so it was still really early. My cousins came to mind, but Regina would pressure me until I told her what happened and she'd be ready to kill him and Jean, Marie and Diane would would all end up calling Regina. Smh.... At the end of the day everyone I surrounded myself with would be ready to do bbn harm to Maurice foolish ass and I didn't wanna bring drama to any of them. They had their own families and issues to deal with, so I was thinking about just going to a hotel for a day or two until I figured this out.

Before I knew it, I pulled up to the cozy ranch style brick house and sat staring out the window trying to decide if I was going to bother him or should I just go with my first mind about the hotel. To my surprise the door opened and Malik walked past his car in the driveway and started across the street where I was parked.

 To my surprise the door opened and Malik walked past his car in the driveway and started across the street where I was parked

Chuckling a bit, I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and took a few deep breaths. Doing my best to get myself together before he reached me. "What you doing here? Everything cool?" He was dressed in his usual business attire, I know he would be headed to work soon. "We had a disagreement and...and umm... " I cleared my throat and put my head down to try and hide my face from him. This damn pregnancy! I was all in my feelings and couldn't stop the waterworks once they started. "Hey, hey..come on." He was opening my car door and trying to get me to get out the car. Shaking my head I resisted. "No..I'm sorry, it was so stupid and selfish of me to come here now. I know you gotta go to work n I'm just being sensitive. Go ahead sweetie I'll call...." I was trying to close the door and start the car, but he interrupted me. "Rai, it's ok. I don't have to leave for another hour. Come on." I decided to stop being stubborn and accept his invitation. He placed his hand in the middle of my back and rubbed in a soothing motion. "You know you can always come to me." "Thanks." I was crying and leaning into him as he guided me into the front door. I stood there like it was my first time in his house and waited till he locked the door. He grabbed my hand and led me to the soft couch and put a small decorative pillow behind me to support my lower back. He was watching "The boondocks" on TV. On the coffee table in front of me there was a half full glass of juice and a small saucer with a half eaten sandwich. In the midst of me getting my crying under control he had left the livingroom.

"Yeah, she's here. Make sure you use this opportunity to your advantage, because if I can I will convince her to leave tonight." While Malik informed his cousin of his plans he made a cup of tea and a turkey sandwich. "If you just follow directions this will all work smoothly and we'll both get what we want" slightly raising his voice about the whisper he was speaking in before. He sliced the tomato thin, added one large lettuce leaf, and a thin layer of sandwich spread and mustard because he knew just how she liked her sandwiches. "Listen, I don't have time to baby walk you through this. Just don't push too hard, but don't slack off either" Opening the fridge he grabbed the jar of gherkin pickles and put two on the plate before using a butter knife to cut the sandwich in fourths. "I gotta go, don't f*** this up!" He clicked off the bluetooth and grabbed the bag of salt and vinegar potato chips before heading to the front room.
"Sorry it took so long, I didn't have any iced tea so I made some in the microwave..i hope that's cool!" She raised her head when she heard his voice and a smile spread across her face. "Oh goodness! Thank you, you didn't have to do that Malik." She said as she was accepting the plate and mug he offered her. " It was a sandwich and tea, besides to see that smile on your face it was well worth it." Sitting down next to her he reached over and slid his food and drink in front of him. "Well thank you again" she said chuckling.
After watching the rest of the "boondocks" episode and they had both finished their food Malik made it noticable the he was checking the time on his watch. "So..you ready to talk now?" He adjust his body so that he was facing her. Placing the mug on the coffee table Rai turned so that her back was against the arm of the chair and her one leg was bent with her foot hanging off the cushion in order to face him as well. She scrunched up her face and tip head from left to right. "Honestly, I just don't have the energy!" Malik squinted his eyes and twisted his lips "Yeah, Ok!" Standing up he reach out to help her off the sofa. "Atleast get some rest. Have you been to sleep at all since I dropped you off this morning?" Taking his hand she stood up from the couch. "I am, I'm about to go checked into the..." Malik interrupted her "Right in my room and rest." He was already pushing her to the back before he even finished the sentence. "Malik tou gotta go to work and I don't think that is such a good idea that I stay here too long." Stopping in his tracks asked loudly "Oh yeah?! And why is that?" Avoiding eye contact Rai answered him quietly "We just had a...disagreement about me going to breakfast with you so...." Malik began guiding her the rest of the way to his room (Not that she didn't know where it was). "You let me worry about that." He stated firmly and helped her in the large king size bed. "You don't understand, he's really angry right now and I don't think he's exactly thinking clearly Malik." Smacking his teeth he walked over to his closet and pulled out a blanket to lay over her. "We'll cross that bridge if and when we get there. For now I'm gonna put your car in the garage and your gonna rest while I go to work. If it'll make you feel better I won't stay the whole shift." Rai was so exhausted she laid on her side nodded her head and snuggled into the pillows. Malik placed a kiss on her cheek and pulled the curtains closed to minimize the amount of sunlight that came through the window. Smiling to himself, he took out his cellphone and looked for the contact he needed as he walked out of his bedroom door.

MALIK: ITS A GO!

He texted as he turned off the TV and cleared the mess they made in the livingroom.

COUSIN: I'm on it 😁😁

Chuckling at the text message he made sure he locked the front door and then pulled Raichelle car into the garage like he said he would before speeding off to work.

🥰😍😘❤
Good morning. I edited this chapter last night, but I forgot to publish before I knocked out. 🤦‍♀️ Anyway I hope you all enjoy and stay tuned it gets juicy!!
Once again thanks for reading. Don't forget to like, share and vote.