Chapter 56

Chapter 56: Five

"Angel—woah, wait a minute," Cheryl gaped, her eyes widening at Angelina aggressively packing her bag in front of her.

"Oh, hey, Cheryl," Angelina replied, hesitantly offering her a tiny smile, pausing her actions only to fidget with her hands while avoiding the other woman's gaze.

"What are you doing? Are you planning to go back home?" She asked, the worried furrow of her eyebrows evident as she tried to come up with another, less upsetting conclusion.

Angelina sighed, finally looking back up, the nervous flitting of her eyes making Cheryl walk up to her to give her a big hug.

"You can tell me anything, you know, I'm here for you," She muttered comfortingly into the younger's ear, and Angelina frowned, mentally scolding herself for being on the verge of crying again.

"I've got to leave, the reunion tour is in five days. Five. I want them to be able to practice without any obstacles," She finally voiced out once they pulled away from each other.

Angelina didn't know if it was a good idea to tell Cheryl about her feelings. She believed Cheryl would probably ask her to talk to Niall or something along those lines, and Angelina really couldn't deal with, firstly, the rejection she was pretty sure she was going to get, and secondly, affect Niall at the same time when he had such big plans in less than a week.

"But you don't have to leave! I know for a fact that they love having you here," Cheryl countered, her lips in a pout as she tried to convince Angelina to unpack her already quite packed and ready bag.

"Cheryl," Angelina started with a sigh, putting a stressed palm on her forehead and then placing it on her eyes to conceal the tears she could feel at the back of her eyes.

"Have you noticed how awkward it has been? This entire thing—whatever it was—it was good, it was great, but it has to come to an end. I have a life outside of this penthouse all of you will be leaving in five days anyway!" She almost yelled, her eyes expressing all the hurt she could not voice out.

"My life is here, with my mom, and my dad. This was wonderful, it was something I never imagined happening to me, but it did and I'm so grateful for all the memories, but really, what else do you expect me to do other than leave?" She continued, softer this time, looking at the brunette to see her mirroring her frown.

It was Cheryl's turn to sigh now. Slowly, she nodded her head at Angel, her face frowning but her understanding eyes are what made Angelina feel better about her decision.

She didn't want to come off as heartless. Of course it hurt her to bid them goodbye, but she simply didn't have another choice. This had to be it.

"So, when?" She heard Cheryl ask, coming out of her own upsetting trance.
"Huh?" She voiced, narrowing her eyes to gauge what the other was implying.

"When are you leaving then?" Cheryl clarified, making Angelina nod slightly in recognition.

"I mean, today?" She offered, a bit unsure, the sheepish smile on her face making Cheryl shake her head fondly.

"Well then, prepare to say goodbye to them. It'll  be a shock for the boys, but I'm sure they'll understand," She suggested, and Angelina pouted at the thought of having to say goodbye to some of her most favourite people till date.

She nodded nonetheless, wondering if Cheryl knew about her entire ordeal with Niall. Probably not.

What is there to know anyway, I'm in love with him, but it's all from my side.

Sighing once again once Cheryl left the room, Angelina zipped her bag shut.

*

"Angel, catch!" Harry said with a wide grin, lightly throwing the apple towards her. Her hands desperately tried to catch the fruit, eyes wide at being caught off guard.

"What is it? Why do you look so wary?" Harry continued, his smile dimming with a furrow of his eyebrows as he noticed Angelina's quietness at four in the afternoon.

Angelina didn't quite know how to tell the man that she would be leaving today itself, but he had caught her mood, and she was certain he would push till she told him the truth.

"Actually," she started, a bit nervous as his eyes focused in on her completely, paying attention to her next words with concern on his face.

"I'mleavingtoday" She mumbled quickly, making Harry shake his head as he leaned in from where he was sitting to comprehend her, his eyes narrowed.

"Can you repeat that for me?" He asked, waiting, his fingers mindlessly playing with his bottom lip.

Taking a deep breath— because hey, she was going to have to tell them about this anyway, she wasn't going to just leave without their knowledge–, she spoke much more coherently.

"I'm leaving today,"

"Leaving? Where? We have enough groceries though?" Harry questioned all at once, his head cocked to one side as he stood up and walked up to the brunette.

"Harry, leaving, like, leaving this place, going back home, that leaving," she stressed, nervously biting the inside of her cheek as she cautiously looked up to gauge his reaction.

"Oh," and when it finally dawned on the older's face, he pouted.
"I understand," He said then, nodding his head slowly as he gently patted her head with one palm, offering her a quiet smile.

"Y-You do?" She asked, eyes wide as she gaped at him, shocked at his admittedly sweet response.

"Yeah," This time he smiled wider, putting both his hands behind his back and looking at her properly.

"You think you should go because we'll be off on tour in less than a week, right? I respect that, I know we can't ask you to just leave everything and come with us. Everyone has their own lives to look after," he elaborated, and now Angelina had a quivering lip with how hard she was trying not to cry at his sweet words.

"Oh my god, you're so nice," she mumbled, and he laughed good heartedly, pulling her into a hug as she let her tears fall.

"It'll be okay," he mumbled into her ear, and she couldn't help but nod, letting herself stay in the hug for just a second longer.

"You're going to tell everyone right?" Harry asked, once they pulled away.

"Yeah," Angel replied, wiping her cheeks as she nodded once more.

"Okay, let's do this then," and offering another encouraging smile, Harry softly took her arm as they made their way over the house to approach the other members.

*

...hi💀 i'm honestly so sorry, i know i said i would finally complete this story but uni has been kicking my ass lately so😭 but i do have the following chapters in my drafts so i won't disappear this time i swear😭😭😭

i hope everyone has been doing well. if you've been putting up with such inconsistent updates, i'm really grateful. if you just found this fic, hello! sorry to keep you waiting as well :(

**

honestly the last part was just harry worship from my side. that man is way too nice to everyone, and i HAD to fit that in here somewhere so this is the outcome lmao

see you in the next chapter uwu