Chapter 46

Chapter 46: Love.

"Louis!" Niall called out, opening the door without a knock because well, they're best friends, how does it even matter.

What Niall saw though, made him gape for a solid five seconds before he burst out laughing.

"Oh, fuck," Louis muttered, his face slowly turning pink in embarrassment, as he turned to look at Niall, shakily pressing the pause button on his phone.

"What—" Niall sputtered, unable to control his laughter.
"What were you even doing?" He finally asked, covering his mouth with his palm to try and stop laughing.

"This didn't happen," Louis offered him a sarcastic smile, sighing as he looked into the mirror to fix his hair.

"No, tommo, it definitely happened. Were you—were you dancing?" Niall asked, and oh god, it was so difficult to hold in your laughter when you witness Louis "I don't dance, you idiot" Tomlinson, well, dancing.

Louis let out an embarrassed groan, a tentative smile on his face as he dragged his palm across his cheek with a humiliated wince.

"Okay, so what if I was," he spoke rather loudly, standing up erect to look Niall in the eye.

"I don't know, mate, you tell me," Niall cracked a smile, biting his lip to stop his laughter, in case he just couldn't hold it in.

"Well, maybe I thought showing off some moves when the tour starts to surprise our fans would be a good idea, but I guess I'm going to have to chuck that one out the window," Louis shrugged, and he couldn't help but smile too when Niall's grin widened.

"Maybe we should bring back those old dance moves we used to do when we were younger," Niall suggested with a chuckle, his eyes shining as he waited for Louis' answer.

"Oh, you know what, lad, that actually might not be that bad of an idea," Louis confirmed, his voice going a pitch higher, slightly impressed.
He proceeded to sit down on the edge of his bed, looking up at Niall and offering him a side smile.

"Well then, wanna play some fifa?" He asked, and Niall scratched the back of his neck, trying to smile when it ended up looking like a grimace.

"Yeah, about that," he started, making Louis' eyes glimmer with curiosity.

"So, um, you know, love," Niall said, hesitantly, and Louis raised both his eyebrows.

"I see what this is about," he commented, patting the empty space beside him for Niall to sit on.

"I say, tell her you love her," Louis spoke before Niall could utter another word.
"I didn't even tell you what I'm talking about!" Niall furrowed his eyebrows, surprised as he looked at his best mate on his left.

"But you're not saying I'm wrong," Louis raised an eyebrow, tossing a—peanut?—in his mouth casually, and hell, Niall doesn't even know how it just appeared in his hand.

"Anyway," Louis cleared his throat.
"I really think you should tell her before time runs out," he adviced, turning around in a cross legged position to face Niall completely.

"That's what I'm saying, time is going to run out, and my confession won't change anything," Niall spoke, almost sadly, as he stared at his hands in his lap.

"Niall, do you hear yourself right now? If you would just tell her, love is strong enough to be worked around other things, understand that," He said, stressing on his words like he was trying to talk to a baby.

"But what if she doesn't feel the same?" Niall asked, and oh, Louis realised, he was scared of rejection.

"I can see that she feels the same, mate, I can promise you that much," Louis nodded encouragingly, placing a comforting hand on Niall's shoulder, patting it twice before he let go.

Niall bit his lip, before looking up at Louis and slowly nodding his head.

"Alright, that's it, don't think too much. Now come with me," he said, standing up quickly, striding towards the door and down the staircase.

*

"Harry, love, let's go to the terrace. You promised to show me those parrots you were talking about," Louis spoke, a fond smile on his face and Harry's face lit up in realization when it hit him, what Louis was saying.

After Niall's talk with Louis, Louis had walked down the stairs, Niall right on his heels, and they saw Harry and Angelina lounging on the couch.

According to Louis, it was best to do what you want to do, now. So, he decided to replace Harry with Niall and give Niall and his potential girlfriend some time to talk.

"Let's go," Harry nodded his head, standing up, brushing off the imaginary dirt on his skintight jeans and walking towards Louis, as they made their way to the highest floor in the house.

Angelina watched the exchange intently, still sitting right where she was, except this time, she felt the couch dip beside her, and she turned around to see a smiling Niall.

"Hey," he smiled hesitantly, and she could feel him thinking. It was almost like she could hear the kogs in his brain move.

Niall wiped his palms on his jeans as he tried to calm himself down.
This is fine. You can do this. Don't chicken out now, Niall.

"Hi," she replied, offering him, what she hoped was a comforting smile.

"So, um, I actually wanted to talk to you,"

***

okay, here we have it, after a long long long time, i'm just trying to get this book completed so that none of you have to suffer through an abruptly ending, unfinished book.

(also lmao this is such a bad ending to this chapter but oof, i'm still getting used to the plotline, so, excuse me if it's a little weird initially. just to let you know, i've tried my best to maintain the kind of writing i used to prefer when i first wrote this book so that it doesn't feel like too much of a change as a reader)

thanks for reading :)