Chapter 55

this update is so terribly overdue that i think you're going to have to go back and read the previous chapter to know exactly where we stopped😭 i'm so sorry for the delay, happy reading!

Chapter 55: Moving out (/on)

The next few days were spent wallowing in sorrow from, unsurprisingly, both ends.

While Angelina consulted her issue with Sonny, her lips in a sad pout at even the mention of Niall, Niall found comfort in Louis' words, when the older lad said that it was "alright, mate, us lot here love you, okay?"

Sonny suggested that Angelina should just tell Niall about her real feelings for him, but of course, Angelina, dearest Angelina with her ridiculous knack for self-sacrifice, chose not to tell him because apparently that could "cloud his judgement" and that "he needs to focus on the reunion, Sonny, that's big".

So.

Things weren't going well. One could even say that things were bad, even.

In Niall's case, Angelina had been heartbreakingly clear about what she wanted, didn't want, in fact, and so he really didn't know what to say to her anymore.

Telling her that he was bloody in love with her would just make her feel guilty for not being able to reciprocate his feelings, right?

*

The calendar resting on the desk in the room she was staying at, haunted Angelina everyday. Every time she caught sight of it, her heart would hurt, her gaze falling right on the first show of One Direction's reunion tour; it almost felt like she was being mocked, that the harmless date, May 22nd, was burning into her skull.

It sounds a little dramatic, but in Angelina's defense, she was going through the whole "I love him but I can't tell him because he's leaving anyway" trope that she's read about in a few novels through the years.

For Angelina, rash decisions didn't exist. She liked to plan things out, always. But these past few months that she spent with, well, her favourite people, had admittedly made her just a tad impulsive. And maybe sometimes impulsive was good.

With there being an awkward air around the house at all times, she felt like she was being a burden, and that's the last thing she wanted.

Whenever she stepped out of the room for food, she would just feel...weird. The boys were still very nice to her, and that made her even more uncomfortable because why did they have to be so nice? Shouldn't they be reprimanding her for making Niall sad?

So Angelina decided to make her odd rash decision.

*

"Are you sure you want to move out?" Sonny's voice echoed in Angelina's ear, and she hummed, biting her lip and mentally scolding herself for having tears in her eyes at the mere mention of leaving this place to go back home.

Home. Where she should've been this entire time.

Better late than never, hopefully.

"I've overstayed my welcome anyway, Sonny, this is for the good of everyone," She voiced, switching her phone to speaker mode to fold the clothes in her hands.

"There's nothing I could say that would change your mind, right?" Her best friend asked with a long sigh, and Angelina nodded firmly, before she realised that the former couldn't actually see her, and mumbled a "that's correct" in response.

"Fine then, if you're sure about it. Stay in touch so I can help you carry your things, alright?" Sonny spoke, and after a word of confirmation from Angelina's side, they decided to hang up.

It was 17th of May already, and her gaze once again, fell on the damned calendar. Only five more days left.

Everything was going to be fine. She would leave, get out of their hair, and they can all sing on stage with beautiful smiles on their faces.

Yeah.

*

hi😭 it has been way too long since the last update, I'M SO SORRY. i hope this chapter was worth reading🥺

so many things happened since the last time i updated omg. that reminds me, have any of you attended any of liam's virtual shows? and niall did one too, recently!! louis' doing one soon too😭 i'm quite excited actually🥺

anyway, hopefully i'll be back soon. stay healthy, everyone! :)