Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Teenage drama movie.

"Hey, listen, I think we need to talk." Niall said, stopping Angelina from closing the door to her room.

"Um, alright." She said, opening the door wider to let him in.

"So..." She drawled.

She knew they needed to talk.

He knew they needed to talk too.

But then... about what?

"Uh... Okay," Niall said, feeling awkward once again.

"Just say what comes to your mind." Angelina suggested.

Niall nodded, "You first." He said, pursing his lips.

"Okay, now I just want to, infact, need to know, why all of a sudden, you become all weird. It gets confusing, you know. Like, sometimes, everything is fine, and sometimes, you avoid eye contact with me and act like everything is well. When, clearly, it is not." She said, all in one breath.

Niall nodded understandingly.

"I know, and I'm sorry for that. But it's just not normal. It's not normal how I've opened up to you this fast, how I've started trusting you since the day I saw you. It's very frustrating. Because I don't know what is happening to me! I was incredibly sad when you had left for one single day. Why? I don't know.

"Why did I trust you? And why don't I regret it? I don't know! How did I open up to you? Why did I feel like I knew you even though we had never met before? I don't know! And I need answers, Angelina! I really do!" He finished, his voice rising, his breathing heavy.

Angelina covered her mouth with her hand, feeling horrific.

Was she really the reason he had been stressing so much?

He was going insane, and needed answers.

Answers she herself could not give.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered, walking closer to him, and raising her hand to touch his cheek gently, still debating whether to do it, or not.

She finally decided to go with it, and stroked his cheek with her thumb.

She hesitantly looked into his eyes, and saw his expression, fierce, and waiting.

"I'm sorry," she repeated.

"But I don't have the answers you want."

Niall remained silent the whole time, as he silently looked at her hand on his cheek, causing her to quickly recoil it.

Angelina had never seen Niall this way. So lost, so confused, and so stressed out.

And then she realised, that all the fans saw Niall as the funny one, the one who lightened up every problem. But they didn't know, he had his own. He had his own problems, and no one was there to lighten them up.

She looked at him, as he closed his eyes shut, took a deep breath and walked out of the room without a word, footsteps still graceful.

And she didn't know when, or how it happened, but she now had tear stained cheeks.

***

"So, I'll show you how to spray paint tomorrow." Zayn decided, happy that someone shared the same interests.

"Tomorrow?" Sonny asked, afraid that maybe he didn't know.

"Yeah, why? Any problem? Then we can reschedule it, or–"