Chapter 54

Chapter 54: Is that what you really want?

In the midst of knocking on Niall's door at any time of the day, and maintaining an actual sleep schedule, Angelina had, dare she say it, completely let the reunion plans slip from her mind.

Which is absolutely absurd, because she's a fan! A huge one at that.

She didn't remember the last time she had opened her Twitter account, but who would open an application that she used to stay updated on the boys when the boys were right in front of her?

Come to think of it, she never really let it sink in, this new living arrangement of hers, that she had only read about in one of those fanfictions she read when she was younger.

Something about that "One Direction Mansion" and being kidnapped by the boys...

2012, wild times.

She shook her head, smiling at the memories that now made her nostalgic, before peeping inside Niall's room where he...wasn't there?

That's weird.

She rushed down the stairs then, not even bothering to hide her curiosity as she bumped into Zayn.

"Woah, what's the rush?" He said, stepping back from the impact as she did the same.

"Oh, it's nothing, I was just wondering where Niall is?" She asked then, cocking her head to one side as she looked up at Zayn, waiting for an answer.

God, he was so pretty. She had always been in awe of the length of his eyelashes, and still never got used to seeing them up close. God really took his time with this one, she thought, shaking her head internally.

"Ah, we're practicing right now, come along if you want," he offered, and that's when it hit her.

The reunion. Oh shit.

"Right! Practicing, of course," she chuckled nervously, and shit shit shit they were going to leave. Obviously they were. How stupid of her to think that she mattered more than a whole global chaos causing reunion of a boyband that broke countless records and won millions of hearts.

"You okay?" Zayn asked then, his eyebrows furrowed as he rested his palms on her shoulders comfortingly, staring into her eyes.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! I'm fine, don't worry about me," she spoke with a smile and what the hell was happening right now? Angelina knew they were going on a reunion tour. She knew since the beginning that they would leave, that this was just a small holiday in their hectic schedules, and yet.

And yet.

Dammit.

"I'm just going to—yeah," she said, her disappointment poorly concealed as she pointed to the room she was staying in upstairs, before mumbling a panicked "bye!" and heading off to the room again.

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows further, pouting his lips in thought, startling a bit when he heard the door shut loudly.

*

"What's up with you tonight?" There it was. The question Angelina had been dreading all day. She knew she wasn't that good of an actor, and if Niall paid enough attention—which he did—he would realise that something about her was off today.

"What do you mean?" She said then, scoffing as she tried to play it off as nonchalant, and maybe those acting lessons her mother wanted her to attend when she was thirteen would've come handy right now, but obviously she chose dance lessons over acting. Damn. Nothing was going her way today.

"Don't 'what do you mean' me. You've been distracted all day. You know you can talk to me, right?" He voiced his concern, looking at her with so much adoration in his eyes, she couldn't handle it.

And so, she had to do it. She swore it was for the best. It really was.

"I think we should stop whatever this is," she got out in one breath, and there. There she said it.

Niall stayed silent. So silent that she couldn't help but look at him, and when she did, he didn't seem angry like she sort of expected, but he just seemed...sad?

Sad?

"Is that what you really want?" He asked then, his voice small and his eyes hurt (hurt???).

Angelina took a sharp breath, looking right into his eyes before nodding her head.

"Yes, it is." She said firmly, standing up, and then it all happened so fast. One minute she was sitting on his bed and the next, she was walking out of his room to go to her own.

Right, own room. If she could call it that even.

She sat down on the bed then, sniffing as she tried to blink away the tears that were threatening to roll down her cheeks.

If it was for the best, why did it hurt so much?

*

so this chapter was supposed to be published more than a week ago, but guess who forgot to save the changes and lost all the last minute edits she made to this chapter? that's right, me🤡
so then i got annoyed about that and let it be, but it's here nowww, hope it was a decent read!

in other news, i hope niall had a great birthday🥺 and my god i cannot tell you just how many times zigi's baby was born and then unborn. literally every other day there's someone tweeting about gigi going into labour, y'all need to chill😭
ALSO ALSO, liam got engaged hellooo🥺🥺 i'm so happy for them, our boys are really growing up huh🥺

and lastly, i noticed that this book has reached over 70k reads! thank you so much, that feels nice🥺 i hope everyone's been doing well lately. take care!