Chapter 42 - Related?!

"Felix, can you get this man some clothes?" Jackson tried his best to keep his voice steady and polite; being careful so that his tone did not leak any feelings of enmity. He was careful around his tone because he didn't want to give the impression that he was treating someone who was clearly important to his mate rudely in fear that she would start hating him.

Jackson wouldn't usually dislike someone off the bat. He is often a very friendly person who treats everybody he meets courteously; it made it difficult for people to not like him so when confronted with people he finds distasteful, rather than acting spiteful, his smile turns brighter and his actions become overwhelmingly kind while he plots his schemes behind their back.

The people who know this side of him often feel uneasy when this happens because Jackson's schemes always had them finding the other person in a not great state. Thankfully the people he schemes against are very few. On the battlefield, however, his entire personality changes. The people that have fought with him said that he resembled the God of Death as he showed no mercy to his enemies - cutting them down left and right with no hesitation at all. His bright temperament was nowhere to be seen, it was like seeing two different people.

Felix sighed knowing immediately that Jackson did not like the man very much and yet still tried to act amicably. In his eyes he was acting somewhat childishly but seeing how he looked at the woman beside him, he fairly had an idea as to why he was acting that way. His eyes moved between Lairith and Thelopi taking note at how familiar the two were acting towards each. He only hopes that nothing was going on between them otherwise even he didn't know if he could stop Jackson from scheming against him.

"I'm not your servant," Felix replied in an indifferent manner and yet despite sounding disinclined to follow his orders, he still walked up to the man with a blanket in hand. The reason why he handed them a blanket and not clothes were that if his guess was correct and that the two figures were like Amara - not human - then they probably wouldn't know what clothes were or how to put them on. Covering him with a blanket would be much faster than having to teach him how to wear pants. They would teach them more about how humans lived in a much more appropriate setting.

When Thelopi saw a strange man coming closer towards them, his body tensed and he raised his guard as if he was preparing for an attack. His eyes were sharp observing his opponent. His body began to change as his teeth sharpened into fangs, and his hands turned into claws.

"Brother..." Amara gently took a hold of his arm, stopping his claws from being unleashed. She had been trying her best for a while to convince them that the people with her were not dangerous, but a siren's nature was naturally cautious so it was hard for them to believe her. But luckily she had a little more influence on them considering they were family.
Normally, they would have already killed anything they saw as remotely dangerous. Seeing as they haven't attacked Austin and the others, she guessed that they were trying their best to listen to her.

Thelopi looked at Amara's urging eyes and reluctantly retracted his fangs. Felix who noticed his transformation was slightly surprised and stopped a couple of metres away from him. It was only after he saw that he retracted his fangs that he continued walking towards him while remaining wary. Although stiff, Thelopi remained still as Felix wrapped his tall and taut body up with a blanket; finally covering all of his intimate areas.

As they stood face to face, it could be seen that their heights weren't too different with Felix only being a couple of inches taller than him. Thelopi observes Felix's body whose skin was a beautiful golden brown colour. He had an angular face with a straight nose and thin lips, his figure was muscular and defined which was a contrast to his taut and pale body.

Felix could feel an intense pair of eyes closely observing him but continued pretending as if he hadn't noticed. Though he acted as if the intense pair of eyes didn't bother him, he felt a little disturbed and wondered why was he staring at him so much? After he finished covering his nude body, he silently walked back to Jessie's side without a single word.