Chapter 26 - Alike (2)

"You're just like me and my mom right?" The boy cautiously asked.

Amara looked at the little boy in front of her. He had silver hair and blue eyes, a very uncommon trait among humans.

Looking at the boy in front of her, it wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to think that he was an angel that fell on earth.

In the supernatural world, it was a known fact that they were inherently more beautiful than humans, even as children they were considered to be outstandingly gorgeous. It was one of the many reasons why a large majority of them entered the entertainment industry. But despite this, the silver-haired boy still outshone the other kids in terms of appearance.

But of course, it was no surprise considering that the child in front of her possessed siren heritage. Sirens were natural-born seducers, their appearance was their biggest weapon, anyone with siren blood running through their veins would undoubtedly be gifted with a top-notch appearance. It was clear to see that the older he gets the more his appearance would bloom, attracting many people to him with just a glance.

But male sirens were rare, making it strange for her to see the little boy in front of her. Statistically, the chances of a male siren being born were less than ten percent, making it so that out of every 100 sirens being born only ten of them would be male, but even that number was miraculous.

The sirens had a different dynamic to most species as their race was dominated by women, and men were oftentimes discriminated against in some tribes. Amara herself only knew of one other male siren, and in human terms, he would be referred to as her 'brother'.

He and her 'sister' were the only 'family' she had ever known. At the thought of them her icy and indifferent eyes warmed and a fraction of a smile appeared on her face, but just this was enough to leave the boy dumbfounded by her striking beauty that had left many speechless.

The boy's eyes widened. His mother had always told him that people like them were dangerous and in the unlikely event that he ever ran into one of them, the first thing he had to do was run.

The boy did take his mother's warning to heart and was ready to run away but the moment he saw her all of his previous cautions were thrown into the wind.

'How could someone so beautiful hurt someone?'

This was his train of thought, and as a child who was still innocent of the world's filth, he affiliated people by their looks.

"Y-your very beautiful" his face flushed red making him look even cuter, it made one want to pinch his chubby cheeks. He had never seen anyone more beautiful than his mother before, his mother who had always surpassed everyone in terms of appearance, was outdone by the woman in front of him.

Since this was the first time he has ever met someone like him he found it hard to reign in his curiosity causing him to ramble about the most random things with no caution at all, all the while Amara silently listened.

Jackson who didn't stand far away caught the boys' enthusiastic interactions with Amara, and because he was relatively close to them he was able to hear bits and pieces of their one-sided conversation.

He watched as the boy continuously moved his mouth, his rambling seemingly not stopping any time soon. Most people would have started getting impatient but Amara silently listened without showing any signs of annoyance.

He smiled. 'It looks like she's pretty good with kids.'

"Hey Cassandra, who's that boy over there?" he says pointing in Amara's direction.

"Oh that's Mikael," she says as she looks over "I've never seen him act so enthusiastically with anyone before, how strange" she mumbled

Jackson raises his eyebrows "why's that?"

"When Mikael first started coming here everyone instantly surrounded him, of course, it was because he was really cute, it must run in the family since his mother is also gorgeous. Anyway, all of the kids wanted to be friends with him but he always kept to himself. We've tried including him in everything but..." she trailed off

'Ah... maybe he's one of those kids that prefer to be alone?' Jackson thought.

Just as he was about to open his mouth and say something else a woman's voice pierced through the air, yelling the boy's name.

"Mikael!" A tall woman with red hair appeared capturing everyone's attention, her face was filled with anxiousness and fear as she hurriedly walked towards Mikael.

Before the child could say anything to his mother she tightly grabbed his arm, pulling him away from Amara as if shielding him from some kind of monster.

Almost immediately Jackson sensed that something was not right with the situation and quickly went to Amara's side.

Amara who was originally sitting down stood up and slowly walked towards the red-haired woman, completely ignoring Jackson.

The red-haired woman flinched when she saw her coming closer towards them, turning the atmosphere tense.

"Stay back!" She yelled anxiously, completely disregarding everyone around them. For anyone who knew her, seeing her like this was definitely out of the ordinary, this was because she usually carried an elegant and gentle disposition.

"Mama?" The boy asked confused, 'why is mama acting so weird?'

"Mikael I told you that if you ever come across people like this you need to run away!" She severely reprimanded.

"But mama, she's different, she's not bad." he whimpered

"Ma'am I need you to calm down"

Jackson who was ignored on the side couldn't help but show a displeased face. Although he didn't exactly understand what they were talking about, he could somewhat see the underlying insults in her words.

The red-haired woman continued to ignore Jackson and continued to scold her son, it wasn't until a figure was in front of her did she finally notice it.

"Ah!" The woman yelled in surprise and instinctively pushed Mikael behind her

Before she could do anything else, Amara pulled her chin up forcing her to look up at her. "A hybrid..." her voice loud enough only for the two of them to hear.

The red-haired women stood there agape. Amara continued to stare at her with deep fascination as if finding something rare, which was not far off.

When a siren has offspring, their gene would typically be the dominant one masking the human gene making it so that their offspring would be a siren rather than a human. Rarely were there any half-human, half-siren children that were sired. Putting it simply, hybrids were rarer than males. They were almost unheard of, especially because sirens do not dwell on land for too long.

Jackson watched the two's strange exchange, he debated whether or not he should call Austin. 'He'll beat me' one side of him thought 'well, he'll kill me if anything happens to her' another side of him thought.

Once he weighed the pros and con's he quickly took out his phone and called Austin, his sweaty palm held the phone to his ear as he waited for him to pick up.