Chapter 39 - Found you

In a secluded corner, a man dispiritedly sat on the side of the pathway with his face buried in his hands. A beautiful woman with long black hair -that reached just above her waist- and porcelain skin loom over him.

"Are you alright?" The women asked, her eyes filled with a tinge of worry.

Austin didn't answer right away and kept silent for a few moments but gradually nodding his head. He was in low spirits because he never thought that he'd be reduced to such a pitiful state because of a roller coaster ride.

He, an alpha, who had fought many battles where bullets and knives were aimed at him, was sitting in a corner wallowing in self-pity after having emptied his stomach from all of its contents. Pathetic. His current self was down-right disgraceful that if anyone he knew saw him right now he would personally bury himself in a hole and call it his grave.

Putting aside his glum mood, he didn't forget to answer reassuring her that he was alright, "Yeah just... give me a second and I'll be fine," he lightly smiled "Did you have fun?"

Her eyes immediately lit up with joy. The thrill she felt as torrents of wind hit her face was unlike any other thing she's experienced, and the way it took her breath away (literally) was addicting. It simply went beyond her comprehension how humans could ever think of such contraptions but then again, they were creatures who had always had a knack for thinking up strange things.

Austin saw the delight and eagerness in her eyes and knew she wanted to ride it again, and as if reading her mind, he quickly scrambled together a poor excuse to distract her from asking to ride the roller coaster again.

"H-how about we go eat something first. If we wait any later the stalls will become too crowded,"

Amara fell deep into thought, delicious food or ride. For a while, she was conflicted over the two decisions but after much coaxing, she chose to get food first. Austin silently breathed a sigh of relief. If it wasn't because he knew he couldn't handle another round, then he would be more than happy to cater to Amara's wishes but unfortunately, he knew it was beyond his ability.

After resting a little while more, the two of them went store to store and vendor to vendor, eating lots of delicious food and buying many bags worth of things. He didn't know when his hands were filled with bags and helplessly shakes his head while tenderly watching Amara's figure.

Just as he thought they were done, Amara pulls him into a store filled with many cute toys and accessories, it was a gift shop. From the corner of her eye, she sees a headband with panda ears attached to them. Intrigues she picked them up and craftily places it on Austin's head. His normally stoic face paired with a cute panda headband made it look a little out of place but at the same time didn't. She couldn't help but giggle thinking that he looked a bit cuter than usual.

Austin also took a bunny-eared headband and placed it in her hair. Paired with her doe eyes, cute nose, and pouty lips, the visual impact almost knocked him off his feet. With almost no hesitation, he took out his phone and quickly took a photo, saving it as his screen saver.

Before he put away his phone, he walked up behind her and took another photo of them together. Caught off guard, she stiffened before giving an inquisitive look at the camera. That face made her look especially cute, like a bunny finding something interesting.

Before he put his phone away, he took Amara's hand and put it into a peace sign, after showing her how to do it, he quickly did the same and took another photo, it was only then did he finally put his phone back in his pocket.

He felt as if he was walking on clouds. He couldn't wait to go back and print the photo's they took today and frame it so he could look at it every single day. Loving the animal eared headbands, he made his way to the counter and bought them.