Chapter 22 - Collin

"What!" The man violently slammed his fist on the table "What do you mean you can't find another one!?" The viciousness seeped from his voice and was laced with strong killing intent causing the men in front of him to tremble in fear.

"Useless" he hissed

He turned to the man standing behind him. His penetrating stare would have made anyone else cower in fear but unlike the two in front of him, his eyes remained calm.

"We went back to where they were dwelling but none of the other sirens ever came up. After the boat sunk we couldn't find the one we captured" he calmly reported.

The man clenched his fist so hard that the veins starting bulging. Tsk! How annoying! Just when he finally found a rare specimen they had lost it!

He was beyond annoyed.

The man with grey eyes and silver hair sat behind his desk, his stature tall and lean. The man looked around his mid-twenties, with his looks women would be falling at his feet, and paired with his gentlemanly demeanor he was the man women dreamed about.

But one should not be fooled by his appearance because under that guise that he had intricately masked himself with Collin was a cruel, and sadistic killer.

And the man behind him was no different, the only difference between the two was that Hendrick, the man with copper-colored hair and amber eyes, was his dog. That and his big build made up mostly of muscle.

These two men owned the biggest illegal trading company on the continent. They distributed living goods and specialised in supernatural creatures such as werewolves. They dealt from organs to slaves and sold them to the highest bidder.

But if you thought their business stopped there then you're wrong. They had a hand in everything from businesses, to politicians

Collin took a deep breath "what about the other goods?" There was no point aggravating himself over what already happened.

"We lost most of the merchandise, we're still working on recovering them all and so far we've found over half of them. The siren was nowhere to be found and I am afraid that we've lost her" he reported.

Collin's eyes darkened as he listened to his report, he calculated the amount of money they lost that night and he was not happy.

It was bad enough that they had lost such a rare specimen but thinking about the many calls that he was going to get was already giving him a headache.

He turned back to the two trembling men in from of him "Find me another one"

"Y-yes sir" they said at the same time.

They inwardly breathed a sigh of relief, they were hoping that boss would forget about them and they could sneakily get away without bearing the brunt of his anger, but seeing as they were not going to be punished they were happy.

Just as they were about to leave they heard him say

"Wait"

They froze and their whole body started shaking, they had lost all strength in their bodies and were just able to hold themselves up. They turned around and were faced with Collin looking at them with a cynical smile.

"I'm not feeling very happy"

.

.

Collin wiped the blood off from his hands, on the floor were two bodies so badly mutilated that they were unrecognisable.

Despite venting his anger the killing intent he was radiating did not diminish.

"Clean it up"

At his order, three men entered the room and quickly started hauling the bodies out of there and cleaning the blood on the ground.

The three men that saw the bodies inwardly shuddered at the violent scene they were presented with. They kept all their heads as low as possible at an attempt to keep themselves invisible because even a dumb person could feel the killing intent lingering in the air.

In ten minutes the room was back to prime condition, Collin waved his hand dismissing them. The three did not hesitate to bolt out of the door.

Scary

Just then they were unsure that they were going to leave that room alive. The boss seemed to be more upset than usual and they weren't sure whether or not a sudden movement from would lead to their deaths so that the whole time they were tense.

When they left the room Collin leaned back on his chair, the murderous aura around him finally eased along with his body.

The room was dimly lit, the only source of light that illuminated the darkroom were the large windows behind Collin.

"A client contacted us today asking if the products were ready. What should I tell them?" Asked Hendrick

Collin pinched the bridge of his nose "Stall for as long as you can and if we can't deliver what he ordered by then, then just give something as compensation, if he doesn't accept then just kill him." Hendrick nodded

"And what of the merchandise we lost? How will we compensate for that?"

"Contact one of the packs we do business with and ask for some goods" Hendrick nodded and left the room.

As he left the room Collin swiveled his chair around to face the window. He looked at the moon

"My siren... now, where did you run off to" his eyes shone with madness and a sinister smile crept on his face.