Chapter 20 - Gone Girl

Austin ordered to leave no stone unturned in hopes to find Amara and was to use every resource they had to accomplish.

Once his orders were relayed to the whole pack, every available pack member was to stop what they were doing and search for a single girl. At first, they were surprised to find that their indifferent and aloof alpha would go to such lengths for a woman but after much thought, they began to realize what this girl could mean to him.

Although not directly, Austin had exposed the fact that he found his mate but had disappeared. He initially did not announce the news that he found his mate because he wanted to protect her from the implications of being his mate.

The thought of their alpha's mate disappearing and that she might be in danger caused the pack members to double their efforts in her. As they searched every nook and cranny, Austin did not stay idle and joined the search.

At this moment Austin was frantically running through the forest, his whole being focused on finding Amara. Eventually, he comes across a lake located a couple of km behind his house. He seldom comes to this part of the forest so he had forgotten this lake existed.

He scans the area when his eyes catch a piece of clothing floating in the water. His body couldn't help but freeze, the blood draining from his face.

Even from afar, he could still recognize the piece of clothing belonged to Amara, it was the last thing he saw her wear.

The fear he felt clouded his rationality. Because if his mind was clear then he would have known that if something happened to Amara he would have felt it thanks to the bond connecting them.Before he could think, he was already running towards the lake, ready to jump in when he sees a familiar figure from the corner of his eye.

He stops in his tracks, he squints his eyes before darting towards it. His guess was right, the figure was Amara laying unconscious on the ground.

He could feel his hand slightly tremble as he bent down and held her in his arms. He took her pale wrist and checked for a pulse, a sigh of relief escaped his lips when he could feel the drumming of her pulse.

"Amara, love, open your eyes" he whispered as he caresses her cheek.

His eyes moved downwards, Amara's body was bare and free of any clothing. With a clearer view, he could see that her upper body was very toned despite her frail-looking figure.

He quickly took off his coat and tightly wrapped her in it, not wanting anyone to see her bare even if it were the birds in the sky. Unfortunately, the coat could only cover her upper body so the majority of her legs were still visible, nevertheless, her long, milky legs were still enough to attract anyone.

Austin felt slightly annoyed that he didn't bring anything bigger. He reached into his pocket and fished for his phone, he then went on to dial Felix's number.

"I found her" he told him their whereabouts and hung up.

After a while he sighed, he looked down and in his arms was an unconscious Amara.

He took this chance to absorb every detail of her face, her plump red lips, her perfectly shaped eyebrows, and small nose. One thing he had realized that no matter how much he may look at her, he could never get enough.

Eventually, a feeling rose from the depths of his core.

He wanted her to himself.

He wanted to lock her away from the world because he didn't want anyone seeing at her. Her smile, her laughs, her tears, they were only something he could see.

Albeit tempted, he found himself unable. Amara was not someone who could be caged, her purpose in life was not to devote her entire being to him because she was meant for so much more than that.

In his 23 years of existence he had never felt like this, it was pretty cliche but it was true. So despite the fact that it hasn't been long since they've met, he wasn't afraid to admit that she already had him wrapped around her finger. He knew he would do anything for her as long as she asked for it

His mind went back to the first time he saw her. The moment his eyes fell on her the world disappeared, her green iris's had broken the dark and grey world he was living in and pulled into a much brighter one.

His heart that hadn't been beating for a long time had been instantly captured by her, he never knew that something was missing in his hear until he met her...Before long, he could hear several footsteps running towards them. From the group of people, he could spot Felix, Jackson, and Jessie.

When Jessie's face came into view it was riddled with tears, and showed a mixture of worry and relief "Thank god she's safe" she stammered with relief "I'm so sorry! I should have never taken my eyes off of her!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as snot came out of her nose. Jessie was a mess.

Austin looked at her and disregarded her appearance. His face remained blank with no traces of anger but his eyes were dark. Jessie felt a chill run down her spine because it was hard to see what he was thinking.

In Austin's mind, he was having a debate with himself. He knew that Jessie was repenting so one side of him was telling him to forgive her, that it was an accident and that it wasn't her fault. But another side felt angry and disappointed. Yes, she was fine but it was only because they were lucky that something bad didn't happen to her.

For a moment his eyes darkened and the atmosphere became stifling, Jessie had to stop her self from trembling under the pressure that he was leaking.

A second later he released a heavy sigh and his pressure dispersed. People could finally now breathe.

"She's safe. That's all that matters, but if this happens again" his eyes turned cold "I won't be so merciful" Jessie flinched, she clenched her hand as she tried to stop it from shaking."It won't. It will never happen again alpha" her face was determined and serious, completely different to her usual easygoing temperament.