Chapter 5 - The beauty walking the streets

The sun was out and there was no grey cloud in sight. It was a little hotter than usual but nothing they couldn't handle. After living in the town of Solaris their whole lives they had gotten used to the warm temperatures.

The three men sat at a table just outside of the cafe. From where they were seated, they had a clear view of the town littered with people who were a mixture of tourists, townspeople, and people from their pack. The street they were at were lined up of many shops and stalls that were decorated in a very eye-catching way. These stalls sold the most unique merchandise that attracted many tourists.

While drinking his coffee, Austin watched the people around him and a small smile blossomed on his face. Though he doesn't like to admit it, one of his favourite past times is to walk around town and watch people live their lives with a carefree and joyful attitude. It made him think that everything he's done until now was worth it and that his efforts of making this country a safer place for both humans and werewolves were not in vain.

The town of Solaris was a place many tourists liked to visit so it was quite normal for the streets to be packed and for the people to be lively, but today, the people seemed to be extra simulated. The loud chatter soon turned into murmurs as their eyes focused into a certain direction.

It was of a gorgeous woman who was clothed in oversized pants and shirt big enough to fit a grown man. The crowd was mesmerised by her beauty. Her baggy clothes couldn't hide her lean and fit body; her black waist-length hair complimented her ivory skin while discerning her beautiful emerald eyes; she had cherry coloured lips and big eyes. Men and women alike could not tear their eyes away from her, it was as if her strong aura forced their gazes her way.

It was clear to see that both her body and features were sculpted to perfection. One look from the beautiful woman was enough to put anybody under a spell; but despite all of the attention that was placed on her, her eyes were calm showing she was left unfazed. Many wanted to talk to her but no one could muster up any courage to walk up to the woman because her whole being was screaming to keep a distance.

As she continued to walk down the path that was made for her, the cafe that the three men were having lunch at came into sight.

"Dude... that chicks gorgeous," Jackson exclaimed as he continued to slap Austin's arm in an attempt to have him tun around. Austin paid no attention to him and continued drinking his coffee but he soon became annoyed with Jackson's continuous slapping so he sighed before taking a quick look to where he was pointing at.

The moment his eyes landed on Amara's figure his body froze. The world immediately disappeared and his vision zoned into the woman who possessed beautiful green eyes. It took him a couple of seconds to understand what happened but he was overridden with shock.

His breathing became heavy as he muttered in disbelief "Mate..."

Jackson and Felix looked at him with wide eyes, their mouths slightly gaping.

"A-are you sure?" Asked Felix.

Austin absently nodded his head. He wasn't mistaken, the woman right there was his mate. The one he'd been looking for, for six years. He jumped out of his seat causing it to fling back but he ignored it and ran towards her. Once he was close he stopped only a metre away from her not daring to take a step further. He looked at her, still not believing that his mate was right in front of him.

.

.

She didn't know where she was going but she continued to walk forward, letting her feet take the lead. Her mind felt muddled making her unable to put together any coherent thoughts. The only thing she knew was that she couldn't return home yet for if she does, then she'd die.

Her wounds no longer felt painful; she couldn't feel them anymore but she could feel her blood begin to soak through her clothes. She had long noticed people staring at her but she had no energy to deal with them and as long as they kept their distance, she didn't bother with them.

Suddenly, she sensed someone in front of her causing her to stop in her tracks. Her eyes slowly travelled from his shoes to his face and the first thing she noticed was his blue eyes. She took a moment to look at the mysterious man that stopped in front of her and saw that he had a tall build. She only reached just below his nose and Amara was by no means short. Compared to her ivory skin, his was much darker, with a beautiful tan paired with black hair (though not as black as hers).

As she stared at the man, she couldn't help but feel something stir inside of her. He had beautiful eyes one the most beautiful things she's seen in her life. She found it hard to look away and just as she was about to reach out and touch it she suddenly felt faint.

Her legs weakened and she became unsteady, her vision then blurred and she started leaning forwards. Just when she thought she was going to fall to the ground, a pair of arms extended around her, embracing her and keeping her steady. She could hear muffled words coming from him but she couldn't quite understand them.

The friction from her wounds and clothes rubbed against her skin and soaked her shirt in blood. Austin looked at his hand that was stained in blood and panic flashed through his eyes.

"She's bleeding!" He desperately called out.

It wasn't long before Amara completely collapsed in his arms, breathing heavily.