Chapter 35 - Heavenly

"You're going to get dirty," he softly said; and yet despite this, he did not make an effort to move away. Amara turned a deaf ear to his words and continued to keep close to him. She wasn't exactly clean herself, so it wouldn't be a big deal if she got a little dirtier.

"Let's get cleaned up first ok?" Austin brought his palm to her face and gently wiped away the blood on her cheek.

While the two were in their own little world, Jessie tightly held Felix's arm and anxiously asked "Are you ok? What happened?"

Felix stayed quiet and didn't immediately answer her questions and instead pulled her into his chest. Jessie could hear his thundering heartbeats against her ears, she stilled for a moment before tightly wrapping her arms around him, "I'm fine, there's not a scratch on me, it's you I'm more worried about."

Felix could never get used to the anxiety of not being near Jessie. Even though he knew what Tobias said was only to provoke him it still didn't stop him from feeling scared at the possibility of something happening to her.

Miraculously he was able to stop himself from impulsively running to wherever Jessie was. They had never had a battle so close to their hometown showing just how much they had underestimated their enemies this time. But thanks to this, he could now see that their defences were too lax, they had gotten too confident in themselves.

Felix being the beta of one the strongest packs in the continent was not just for show, he immediately began organising and calculating countermeasures so that this situation would never happen again.

While he was organising his plans, a tall man with dark curly hair and blue eyes barged into the room, he didn't stop and acknowledge anyone else but rushed towards his wife and child, checking for any injuries.

"Clemente/daddy!" Lucy and Mikael said at the same time.

Seeing as they didn't even have a scratch on them, Clemente breathed a sigh of relief, he felt a large weight being lifted from his shoulders, "Thank you for keeping my family safe, alpha," he said while bowing with deep gratitude.

Austin merely nodded his head with indifference before turning to Jessie, "Jessie, please take Amara with you and get yourselves cleaned up,"

Jessie looked up at Felix and gave him a light kiss on the cheek before taking Amara to one of the spare rooms in the building.

Once they were gone, he looked at Lucy, "We'll talk another time, take your son home first,"

Lucy obediently nodded her head. Clemente shot his wife a puzzled look and silently asked her what that was about, Lucy saw her husbands questioning eyes and replied that she would tell him once they home. Clemente's eyes showed that he understood and quickly carried his son and was ready to go home.

After the four left, only Austin, Felix, Jackson, Marcus and the other warriors were left in the room. The atmosphere quickly turned solemn, no one spoke until Marcus and the other warriors kneeled on the ground with their heads low.

"We have failed in protecting both Miss Amara and Miss Jessie, please punish us as you see fit," Marcus's eyes were resolute, whatever punishment their alpha decides they would endure.

Austin stayed silent; his eyes deep. No one could make out his mood making the atmosphere around them almost stifling. Seconds felt like hours, his silence made the warriors more and more nervous.

He walked to his desk completely ignoring the bodies that littered the floor, treating them as if they didn't even exist. This was a side of himself that he kept hidden from Amara because he was afraid that she would think of him as a monster; completely forgetting the fact that she was a siren so in truth she would be considered more of a monster than he.