Chapter 6

It was immediately clear that Toni was not at home based on the following three factors: She felt as though she was lying on a cloud, there was no tv in the background, and there was someone in bed with her.

  She would have loved to enjoy these three things but she felt awful. Not only her mouth, but her entire body felt like the Sahara, completely void of any hydration, yet she was still sweating. In addition, her mouth tasted like sick, which did not help her roiling stomach, and her head felt like it was splitting down the middle.

  What a way to waste a morning of potential comfort.

  She fished her phone out of her pocket, which she had been lying on rather uncomfortably all night. 7:35, the little clock glared at her, the bright screen making her eyes water.

"Fuckkkk," Toni moaned, holding her head and sinking back under the covers.

"Good morning." She startled at the low voice that grumbled from beside her, forgetting about her unidentified bed partner.

  Seeing her face, Toni immediately recognised the girl. It was beautiful Regan that she had met in science class. She was a little less concerned about the situation; there were worse people to wake up next to. So they must have slept together, right? She wished she remembered it. She decided to double check. "Did we...." She trailed off suddenly embarrassed that she might have been presumptuous.

  Regan gave a small smirk, "Do you wish we had?"

  A lightning bolt of pain jolted through her brain, reverberating through the rest of her body making her close her eyes for a moment. "I'm sorry Regan, If I felt about 75 percent better than I do now, I would love this game," Toni groaned, "But I really can't be assed this morning."

  "No we didn't sleep together. I actually didn't even realise there was another person in this bed until this morning. How do you not suffocate completely under the covers like that?"

  "I dunno... I'm a burrower I guess." What a weird thing to say Toni, what the fuck?

  Luckily  Regan gave a small chuckle making Toni feel like a bit less of a dork. With that confirmation, Toni very slowly slithered out of bed, nearly falling to the floor due to her lack of effort. Her mouth felt as though it hadn't produced saliva all night.

  Regan arm flew out to grab her hand. "Where are you going?"

  "I am gonna pass out if I don't get some water." She took in her surroundings for a moment. "Who's house are we in?"

  Regan looked taken aback. "Wow... You must have been hammered." Toni looked at her expectantly. "Oh, right. You're at Andrew's. I actually think a certain homophobic, texan pageant queen put you to bed which was an amusing event to witness."

  Toni dropped her head into her hands and shook her head in a misguided attempt to clear her brain of that humiliating statement. "Okay," she practically whimpered, and walked out in search of the kitchen.

  Compared to the room reminiscent of a hotel that she had just stepped out of, the rest of a house resembled the sight of a bombing. Plastic cups littered the kitchen and dining room floor. She regretted her decision not to put her shoes back on and she attempted to avoid the minefield of sticky and wet patches on the floor.

  She found what she desperately hoped was a clean cup, filled it with tap water and drained it. This was a very poor decision considering her raging hangover. The water immediately started coming back up so she rushed to the bathroom. On the way, just by the landing, she had a flashback of being sick there but someone had cleaned it up. Another thing the flashback revealed was that it was definitely Shelby Goodkind that had babysat her last night.