Chapter 46

Alright! We made it. A year and a half later, the final chapter is here. Not gonna lie, I was 99.9% sure I was going to give this up after a few chapters. I had no plan at all with what I was gonna write (still don't to be fair), had never written creatively before, and was pretty much certain, half way through, that this was gonna be yet another unfinished project. But I did it, thanks to you guys.
Thank you so much for all of you that stuck with me and those of you that are still here after the cancellation of the show! Every one of your comments kept me writing, and honestly, I probably would have stopped after that long hiatus if guys hadn't kept commenting and appreciating the story. Love you all! Hope you enjoy this last chapter! Xxxx
————
  "Shelby, I swear to fucking God, if you aren't ready in," she glanced at her far too glitzy, black watch, "two minutes, I'm gonna-"

  Shelby scuttled around the dorm like a agitated spider, "I'm looking for my phone. I obviously can't go without my phone. And also, blasphemy, Toni. What have we talked about? Honestly," she huffed.

  Toni waved a hand flippantly. "Yeah, yeah. I know Father Shelby." Toni grabbed a book from the shelf and flipped it open dramatically, tipping imaginary glasses down her nose and speaking in a gruff voice. "Blasphemy!" she exclaimed, "Blasphemy! Is forbidden in the house of Go-"

  "Toni," Shelby cried, exasperated, "Will you shut the heck up and help me look?"

  The book snapped shut with a little tuft of dust. It was, in fact, a bible in the end. Which somehow felt even more blasphemous. She opted not to tell Shelby.

  Taking in the room with the mechanical panoramic gaze of a security camera, she asked Shelby, to condense her search, "Where did you last have it?"

  With a frustrated huff, Shelby tossed a unsuspecting tv remote which obviously wasn't what Shelby wanted it to be, to the chair on the opposite side of the room. Then she focused her attention on Toni, piercing her with a stone cold glare.

  "Well, obviously if I knew where I last had it, I would have found it by now."

  Toni knew she was being reprimanded, and she accepted that, but the second she met Shelby's gaze she completely forgot what for. Even now, after nearly six months of being together and living together, her jaw still dropped to the floor when she remembered that somehow, for whatever reason, Shelby, the absolute goddess in front of her, chose to be with her.

  The dress she wore was navy blue with little jewels sewn into the fabric. Or sequins. Whatever the fuck, Toni didn't know, but it was beautiful. Either that or Shelby was so beautiful that she overpowered the ugliness of the dress. Either way, she looked amazing in it. For the hours spent in the bathroom perfecting her makeup and curling her hair so it fell in bouncy little waves, Toni didn't really notice much difference there. She still looked like her Shelby. Although, when the glammed up blonde emerged from the bathroom after literally hours with a sheepish grin, Toni could never say that. If it was worth the effort for Shelby it was worth the boredom of waiting for Toni.

  True to form, Toni opted for a tux with a navy tie to match Shelby. She thought it looked okay but when she stepped out of the bathroom, having combed her hair, brushed her teeth and poked herself in the eye with a mascara brush, Shelby tutted, and ushered her back into the tiny bathroom.

  Sorting out Toni's make-up only took about five minutes in itself, but the proximity, how fucking hot Shelby looked and the fact that their lips mere inches apart...