Chapter 40

TW here for some not very graphic descriptions of conversion therapy. Lots of love! Enjoy the chapter xx

————

  Shelby's hands were in Toni's hair, on her hips, tracing down her neck and it was fucking bliss.

  While the single bed mattress on the floor was a bit limiting, Shelby and Toni made it work, especially as it had been weeks of meeting up at the basketball court. They didn't have to because the location faking app worked, but Toni still insisted. Just as precaution until everything died down.

  But holy shit was she glad that Shelby had finally said enough is enough.

    Toni pulled away, breathless from her position above Shelby who was pinned beneath her. "Are you sure this is okay?" It had been a while since they had done anything this heated.

  Shelby, equally breathless, looked up at her with something akin to murder in her eyes. "Toni, I love you, but this is very very clearly okay. Just, don't stop." Toni didn't miss the hint of a question in Shelby's own eyes, it was enough to reassure her that they could stop whenever, which Toni preferred to being asked.

  Understanding that it is rude to leave a girl hanging, Toni dipped her head back down planting open mouthed kisses down Shelby's neck, her collar bone, her-

  "Toni!" The door opened before Toni and Shelby could do anything about their position. "I was wondering if- Oh my goodness!" Martha's hands flew up to cover her eyes in record time.

  "Oh my God!" Shelby squeaked, slamming her own eyes closed. A reflex that Toni thought was very helpful for their situation.

  "Martha!" Toni shouted, flattening herself down on top of Shelby to cover her girlfriend's bare chest. It was an interesting position. The things she did for love. Honestly.

  They were lucky that the only item of clothing that was removed was Shelby's top. Her bra was technically still on but... was not necessarily useful at the time of interruption.

  "This is my bedroom Toni!"

  Toni looked at the flushed face below her, "Is there any reason I am getting all of the blame here?" Her eyes wandering back up to Martha, who still looked traumatised, her hand so tight over eyes that her fingertips were going white.

  "Yes. Shelby was kind enough not to... Expose you." Martha shuddered.

  Shelby looked a little offended.

  Toni jumped in to defend her girlfriend, "Excuse me, It is an honour to see-"

  Shelby slapped her hand over Toni's mouth her eyes snapping open, "Shut the fuck up Toni. I swear to God."

  A little ungrateful. She tried. "Okay Martha just, keep your eyes closed one second."

  "Toni I can promise you that there is nothing that would actually make me open them again and risk seeing-" Martha gestured blindly to the complete wrong part of her bedroom, "-that again."

  Toni lifted up from Shelby and helped her get her clothes in order again. Shelby's pupils were blown her lips where swollen and red. Fuck, she cursed Martha for interrupting them.