Pretend Sleep (2.11)

Heyaaa, so updates might be a bit slow cause I need to start on the third arc and gain inspiration cause I legit have none ;-;

This is the second last chapter till the second arc comes to an end, and it's a chapter where feelings for Dazai are questioned, and well, you should lowkey know at this point that he has a thing for Y/n :)

Anyways, enjoyyyyyyy

*********

You didn't know how you got here.

Everything had gone so fast, one minute the brown haired detective had been talking to you and eating his chips, and the next you were following him. Hand in hand, you didn't care for the human contact, more perplexed as to where he was taking you.

It was getting darker by the minute, staring at the sun just peaking over the tall buildings. You didn't shiver with the cold breeze that whipped against you, even though the boy named Ranpo who tugged you around the flurry of streets did so. His pace was slow, much slower than Dori's, and you found yourself having to slow down for him.

"Where are we going?"

Not that it mattered, you had learned long ago that the boy posed absolutely no threat. Weak thin arms and a clueless air about him, you knew well that he had the mind but no strength to put into action.

"Home," he answered with ease, glancing around warily. "Once I find it that is... you see, I'm not very good with directions." When you gave him a hard stare, he sighed. "I mean, I have a cellphone too, I just don't know how to use it."

This guy was an idiot.

Turning around abruptly, you shook off his hand, walking back to the bench you'd been previously sitting on. You'd only been walking for about half hour, but you'd memorized the route with ease. After all, you needed somewhere to spend the night to sleep, the bench had been comfy enough last night.

"Chotto m-matte!" The boy yelled when you shook his hand off, walking in the other way. "Where are you going? You said previously that you had nowhere to sleep right?"

You didn't turn around, ignoring his mindless calls as he tried to persuade you to come with him. However when he again reached for your hand, you turned with a scowl, clearly annoyed. Eyes dark and face scrunched up in a ugly stare, he froze.

But instead of backing off like you expected him to, he took your hand again. "Please," he then said finally, and it looked like it took a lot of effort for him to say this. If you didn't no better, you'd say that he wasn't used to saying it at all. "Please come with me."

Giving him a firm stare, you sighed, screwing your eyes shut.

"Fine."

~~~~~~~

You were still tired.

Trudging back from the Detective Agency, you felt like your legs were about to fail on you. The three day trip to Tokyo had taken more out of you than you had originally expected, and considering you got little to no sleep during the entirety of it, you were completely out of it.

"Dazai-san~" you drawled when coming close to the brunette who walked alongside you. Both of you were heading home, Ranpo going back in the other direction with a yawn. "Can you carry me-?" Your injuries had been taken care of with one swing of Yosano's blade, while Dazai's injury was treated with bandages and knowing him, most likely a little bit too many painkillers.