Window Jumping (1.7)

So uh- again, pay no mind to the title, I just had no creativity last night. Cute Dazai moment tho, or well, idk, it's late and for some reason this scene just felt cute. (It's kinda messed but like- :D doesn't matter)

Anyways, enjoyyy :3

~~~

"Tanizaki, Naomi..."

The two siblings glanced at you when you spoke their name, eyes curious as you put a hand to your chin. The three of you were heading back from school, all in your school uniforms as you head back towards the agency. The relationship between you three wasn't strained as it had been in the beginning.

When I first the agency... it was so tense...

Between the girl Naomi, it certainly had been vexing, especially when she always made threats concerning her brother. You understood they were protective siblings, but didn't they take it too far?

"Try to make a move on my brother, and you're dead meat."

You remembered her first words to you, yet glancing at them now, you sighed with relief. You hung out with them at school, although you all had different social circles. Tanizaki wasn't as awkward with you as he had been at the start, and both you and Naomi were able to communicate without threats.

Feeling the buzz of your phone against you pocket, you pulled it out, giving a glance at the message before sighing. "Ah well, I was just gonna ask if you could tell Fukuzawa I'm taking a day off today, or Kunikida for that matter." You'd planned on taking a day off today anyways, but with the message on your phone, you now had a reason to.

With a shrug, they nodded. "Yep, why so suddenly though?" Naomi then stood in front of you, hands at her hips as a smirk grew on her face. "I heard from Atsushi, you have a boyfriend don't you- I bet you're going to hang out with him!"

Atsushi- why-

With a grimace, you shook your head. "As if- I'm too busy for a boyfriend, I just need a day of before I start going crazy." You pointed at your eye bags as if to prove your point, "Not sure about you two, but getting good grades while constantly doing missions and paperwork is almost impossible-"

They nodded, understanding your pain. Naomi quit bugging you about your 'boyfriend' when Tanizaki told her she should stop, and turning at your stop, you waved them a goodbye. The turn you took wasn't even near your apartment, but you weren't headed there anyway.

Only taking fifteen minutes for the walk, you walked up the apartment stairs, staring down at the balcony railing as you turned to the door. You held your hand up to knock, but the door swung open and you were face to face with the brunette, surprised to see him with a bright smile.

'I'm feeling suicidal.'  Is what he had texted, and you had already known he was taking a day off work today, so you figured he was at home. You stared at his cheerful aura, and with a roll of your eyes, you pulled him into a hug.

He seemed surprised but returned the hug, relaxing against you as you both stayed there for a little bit. You knew you had commenced the hug to comfort yourself more than him, but tightening your grasp around him, you hoped it had the same effect on him.

I'm just... so tired lately.

Missions, school, and Chu have my days all filled up. No time for sleep.

"Hey Y/n..." you heard the boy whisper, the two of you still in the hugging position. "If you keep squishing me like that- you might suffocate me yourself~" his voice was teasing, and you pouted letting him go.

Leading you inside, the brunette stretched his arms, and you noticed he was only wearing a t-shirt and sweaty pants. He looked more casual like this, and you smiled to yourself, that is, until he climbed onto the windowsill and looked down the open window with a smile back at you.

"Care to join me in a double suicide Y/n?"

So this is why he called me over...

With a sigh, you yourself stretched your arms, hearing the cars from just below the window. With a soft smile on your face, you nodded, reaching a foot to the windowsill as Dazai helped hoist you up. His eyes were bright and sparkling, and you stared down, making sure there was not many people walking down below you.

"Ready?" It was you who said this as you glanced to the brunette, and with a soft nod, you grabbed his hand. He tightly held yours, staring into your eyes as he let go of the window pane. You did the same, and the two of you fell to the ground.

You glanced at him, watching the relaxed look on his face as he fell, eyes closed and peaceful. You however tugged him towards you, wrapping your arms around him bridal style before adjusting your balance well enough. It wasn't too hard to land, and crouching slightly to comfort you fall, you set the brunette down on his feet.

He glared at you, yet the gaze was expectant. "I had a feeling you'd pull something like that..." he groaned, frowning and poking your forehead. "Stop getting in the way of my demise! And here I actually thought I'd be able to commit a double suicide with a beautiful woman~"

Beautiful woman?

"Committing suicide with a handsome man doesn't sound that bad..." You said with a smile on your face, watching as the brunettes face brightened up. "However, you don't fit the requirements, I'll have to keep searching." You were teasing him, but seeing the shocked expression on his face was worth it.

"How dont I fit the recruitments?!"

Putting a finger to your chin, you both walked back to the apartment complex. "Well... in that statement, I did say the man had to be handsome, did I not?" You watched as his face contorted into annoyance, and you couldn't hold back the laugh that came after. He seemed to realize that you were simply teasing, and he switched back to a grin on his face.

Looking back at the window you both had jumped off of, he grinned. "Hey Y/n, why don't we do that again?" He looked at you as if he was staring at a child. Your legs felt sore enough from having to land while making sure to catch him, and with a sour look on your face you shook your head.

Today is supposed to be my day off...

Yet you found the boy dragging you back towards his apartment window, and with a groan, you both repeated that sequence a few times more. Apparently the emotional rush of actually thinking he was about to die was enough for Dazai.

I'm not gonna be able to walk after all this-