Guild (1.12)

Have I mixed up the storyline-? Yep, don't be too surprised if some things happened before others, I won't point them out, so I hope you won't notice :D
They aren't too obvious (for the devoted fans- don't mention anything lol) but it's 3am, and yknow, it all just sounded better in my head.

I also wanted to add this arc in there, just cause.

Anyways, enjoy, imma head to sleep.

~~~

'So?'

'Well I didn't get shot.'

Grimacing, you sat in your apartment desk, staring at the pile of homework on your desk. You'd been skipping out on school recently, not because work at the Agency was getting more urgent and frequent, but because you just liked being there.

It's getting to be a bad habit...

Exams are only a month away too...

'Port Mafia work seems tough...'

Despite you making it clear to the boy that you didn't care whether he was in the Port Mafia or not, and that you just wanted him as an online friend, you both eventually chatted about your jobs. He was the only person who'd listen to you rant about all the paperwork, and you were the only one willing to listen to him drunkenly curse out all his coworkers.

'It is, you wouldn't survive a day.'

With a scowl, you continued on your homework, ignoring your phone for a bit so you could take a deep breath in. You hated being underestimated, and you had almost no doubt you were stronger than him in general.

I may be a tad arrogant...

But I ain't weak.

Knowing that he used to be Dazai's partner, you knew he'd have to be strong to some extent. After all, the brunette couldn't fight at all, or rather... not to the level needed in Port Mafia standards. This guy must've been the one to protect him.

Things at the agency were going smoothly, Dazai was always pestering about checking your phone to see what you and Chuya had been texting. Almost everything else stayed the same, and no one else knew about your connection with the Mafia executive. Missions had been getting harder, but just in terms of fighting, Ranpo always guided you through a call.

Not to mention that there's a huge bounty on Atsushi...

Even the thought of it made you angry, the poor little were-tiger already had people chasing after him. Even though it hadn't been too long since he had joined, you already felt like the parental figure he lacked. You always visited his house, feeding both him and Kyoka (he is a terrible cooker- not that you were any better).

You and Chu didn't talk about the bounty or any conflicts that your organizations had, that was the unspoken rule. If you both did, it would get heated up, and you really didn't need any more stress in your life.

'I'm probably stronger than you lmao, I don't think your safety hat will do you any favours.'

Smiling, you continued to write answers in your textbook, glancing at the screen of your phone when it buzzed. It was Tanizaki calling, unusual to say the least. You picked it up almost immediately, pressing it to your ear as you looked out the window at the evening sun.

"Y/n- there's... a lot to inform you on."

Raising an eyebrow, you leaned back into your chair. "I'm listening."