Back Off (2.2)

Just the arrangements for the mission, and a jealous Dazai (you'll see it at the end of the chapter). On a side note, Buchou connected to a name goes to say 'boss', so in this chapters when someone says Suzuki-Buchou, it isn't their name, it's basically calling them their boss. (I'm not fluent in Japanese either- so I could've gotten this fact wrong, but this is what I learned :)

Anywayssss, enjoy!

~~~~~~~

"It's all arranged."

Staring at Dazai, you couldn't help but let out a huff, rolling your eyes. Standing in Agency's doors at the crack ass of dawn, you'd never seen the boy up so early. Not only that, but he'd come prepared, meaning that he'd been up much earlier before this.

"Dazai-san..." you nearly groaned, putting a hand to your head. "I didn't actually expect you to go through with it."

It had all started last night when you had texted the brunette about Chuya coming along. He'd automatically asked for all the details, and you had let it slip that you'd both be on opposing sides. Once hearing this, he stated that it was of utmost importance that he came, and that you wouldn't stand a chance otherwise.

Apparently he'd texted the President before this, making sure that he was allowed to come along and help Ranpo with the planning. The two of them were known for being invincible together when it came to planning, so it was a good idea in general.

But if Chu and Dazai see each other...

You could already imagine them at each other's throats, and even though the thought seemed comical to you, you knew someone would end up hurt. From the sounds of it, Dazai would be accompanying you to the party, althoigh you weren't sure if you'd be able to play the part of each other's date. You didn't know why to be fair, after all you were gonna be the one doing the protecting, if anything he'd just be there to catch any of the assailants beforehand.

"Well I had to!" He stated, a joking smile playing across his face. "Y/n, you don't know Chuya quite as much as I do, I can take care of him while you focus on the other targets." When you gave him a glare, he sweatdropped.

"I've known Chuya for more than a year," you stated. "And mind you, I could probably take him down as well. There's other people who're planning on protecting this guy anyway, we aren't the only defenders."

Ranpo showed up shortly after before you and Dazai could get into a argument over the subject. Bringing a backpack along with him, you were all ready to head on your way. The three of you headed to the train station, getting tickets for Tokyo.

Only taking a bit less than an hour, the three of your arrived, chatting and teasing the detective about not knowing how to travel around. When he puffed out his cheeks and ignored you, both you and Dazai laughed even harder. Heading to the hotel you'd be staying at for a night, you'd be visiting the host later today, as well as meeting the rest of the people protecting him alongside you.

This all seems so sudden...

The hotel was a normal one, not too fancy but not rundown or abandoned. Unfortunately, there was the predicament that only two beds were available, and despite them being big, you'd never even consider sleeping with one of the boys. Dazai had butted in after all on the mission, you'd only expected to be going with Ranpo, so three beds had never even been considered.

"I'm not sharing a bed," Ranpo declared, plopping his backpack on the white bed and unzipping it. Pulling out a bag of chips, you sweatdropped, glancing at Dazai for help.