True Identity (1.9)

This chapter kinda makes me depressed, but yknow, it had to happen at one point. Oh and uhm, the intro is kinda gory (not really described, but it might be a bit triggering) if you aren't into that kind of stuff, skip the italics. (I figured Y/n had to have a backstory of some sort, you'll be piecing it out later on with other chapters).

Enjoy 😢

~~~

Dark silhouettes cast against the alleyway wall, the sky dim with clouds and the threat of rain. The cold breeze whipped past your face, lashing against your bare arms and blowing your hair back.

"You look so cute!"

Your small form stood at the edge of the alleyway, hands clapped together with an amused face. Eyes bright and lips curved up, you looked like any kid your age. Small, happy, ignorant. You were wearing a oversized cloak, the blue dangling to your knees like a dress.

"Don't you like the jacket Dori gave me?" You chirped, spinning side to side to show every side and curve the jacket exposed. It was warm, your h/c hair cascading down your back in tiffs and curls, the cold biting the tips.

The man in front of you didn't respond.

"I know, I love it too! It's so pretty and warm~" pressing your hands to your chest, you swung yourself from side to side. Glancing back to the man crouched down in front of you, you frowned. "Ah, are you jealous? Is that it? I already told you that you look cute, no need to envy the jacket."

Again, there was no response, and you looked to the watch on your wrist, eyes brightening. "I've only got a little bit of time left yknow!" Yet the man didn't move, as well as the other silhouettes that were draped against the wall. Kids and woman, men and teenagers.

"Ugh, you're so boring."

Your petit seven year old self turned around, letting the coat sway as you pranced out of the alleyway. Blood leaked from the mans crouched state, his head falling lower.

At first glance, the alleyway was like any other, dark, dreary, haunting. At closer glance you'd notice the shiny blood liquid that littered the ground. If that didn't send you running, you'd then recognize the silhouettes of all the bloodied bodies. Stabbed again and again, holes protruding out of their shoulders and waist. Like the assailant couldn't get enough of it.

This form of assassination was not unknown in the city of Yokohama.

Death's needle.

~~~~

Chuya Nakahara...

The name repeated in your head, and tapping your fingers against the desk, you stared forwards. Talking to the boy last night, you both had finally agreed to share last names, considering that it wouldn't matter anyway. You both didn't recognize each other's full names anyway, so it had just been something to do.

I can't help but think I've heard it before...

In the office was Naomi along with Ranpo and Doctor Yosano. Your partner and the doctor were chatting happily while Naomi worked on paperwork, you were supposedly studying for a an upcoming test, but you lacked the concentration or focus to even stare at your notes.