Disease (3.1)

Ahhhhh- I'm so sorry, I haven't updated in a while (I'm usually more consistent).

I've been busy and such, cause of that the updates for this arc will be muchhhhh slower ;-; I have no intention of dropping the series tho. We now start the Fyodor arc!! Which also involves a personal arc for you as well

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, it's more for future plot than anything tho :)

* * * * *

"Ace?"

The ginger haired boy beside you nodded slowly, gaze directed forwards. He looked firm, more tense than usual on the occasion that you got to see him at all. The two of you got less time to hang out with new problems arising, even more so on the end of the Port Mafia.

"Yeah," Chuya confirmed in a bitter tone. "He's an executive too... but he acts like an ass. I've never thought of him like family, he just got his position with all the money he has." The dark look on his face from what he had just told you earlier made you wonder just what was going on.

So a captive killed a Port Mafia executive?

You knew this information was classified, but Chuya had been so stressed about the topic, not that you would be telling anyone else either. Especially not Dazai, you wouldn't risk losing this trust with the ginger haired boy just to let the brunette know. It was just a silly situation right? Surely the captive couldn't be too powerful, if this 'Ace' only got his position from bribery.

"Who was the captive then?" You asked quizzically, lips pursing in a tight line. If this got out into public, it would be your problem too.

"No idea, Ace had responsibility over him. I heard he's part of an organization called the rats... rats in the house of... something something, I forget."

Rats?

That's... terrible. I almost feel bad for the group themselves.

Glancing over to Chuya who was still stressing over the topic, you reached your hand out to pat his head. "Cmon Chu Chu," you smirked with the intent of teasing him. "I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, honestly, how much havoc could a guy like that make in a city as big as Yokohama?"

Yknow- I'm probably gonna regret saying that.

But I wanna cheer him up so-

"I... guess you're right."

It was already tough enough to see the ginger worry about every little thing that went on the organization, especially when he planned to drink it all away too. Comforting him was part of your job, although sometimes you felt like you unnecessarily made the situation look less important.

"And don't call me Chu Chu!"

With a chuckle, you dodged his attempt to tug your cheek with a swift move to the right. "You just noticed that~?" His cheeks puffed out at this, a small flush making its way onto his face as he stared away. This made you smile back.

Mission cheer Chuya up is a success.

~~~~~~~~

Turns out that little captive roaming around the city of Yokohama could do a lot.

"Hold up hold up-" you repeated for the second time again, phone pressed to your ear as your head barely peaked over the covers of your bed. "Tanizaki, I'm going to need you to repeat that to me, this time slowly."

I swear- every time something awful happens it's always him that calls.

"Fukuzawa- well, the President is sick!" His voice was a higher pitch than normal, coming out in gaspless breaths as if he he just had to say it all in one breath. You'd known something bad had happened the minute he had called you, but something so minimal?