|~|Kagero Okuta x Reader|~|

/Title/
Late Night

|Disclaimer|
Champagne, Mild Profanity{?}

\Requested By\
N/A
🥂💜~VILLAIN-TINES DAY 5~💜🥂
🥂🎶Features Music Above🎶🥂

|POV|
Reader

Kagero Okuta, or better known as Giran, lived and breathed his broker career. Anything for a penny, right? You would think that, and that was only a fraction of it, but you knew him pretty well. You knew that he did it for reputation, for some adrenaline rush, for some protection.

Protection? Though, wouldn't a broker attract it? Well of course it would! But not as much if you have hundreds of big time, and small time, villains that highly respected you. You have to earn the respect, you have to earn the protection. Giran has done a lot of things, and over some time he's escaped the police and heroes several times!

The slippery broker loved the thrill, though every once in a while he liked to kick back and relax. Especially with someone special in his life.

When he leaves for a few weeks, you both miss each other. Though you always know he'll be back, if for nothing then for you. He's never gone more than a month. Maybe a week to three weeks, then he's back for the remainder of the month unless it's an emergency.

You looked up at the clock on the wall, yawning softly. Staying up to do some late night work of your own, you didn't know how Giran did it. You were ready to sleep, but the {coffee/tea/soda/energy drink} beside you kept you afloat. Thankfully it seemed to be working.

You sighed heavily after you finally finished your work, leaning back into your chair with a slump. You stared up at the ceiling, the only sound around being the clicking of the wall clock. You were sure Giran had noise the entire time he works, that's why when he came home he was so relieved to hear the silence.

You looked back at your work for a moment. You took your beverage and sipped it, standing from your seat. You started to gather your work to put away, a quiet yawn escaping your lips.

About to put it away, you heard the ringer of your phone go off. You glanced over, wondering who had texted you. Though, considering how late it was, you should have already known.

Stuff now put away, you go to your phone and lift it up. You smiled at the silly ID you put the broker under, a soft chuckle stuck in your chest. You opened the text, looking past the older messages toward the new one.

♥️Betty White👩‍🦯
I'm on my way home. If you're awake then I hope you don't mind a small treat I have for you! I hope you're not drinking all of the {Beverage}. See you soon, toots. Love you.

You lit up, feeling more energetic than before. He was coming home!

You texted back, your fingers typing eagerly. You also wondered what he had saved your number as. You never looked or asked.

Me
I'm up! And no, I'm not drink all fit he {Beverage}... yet. I can't wait for you to come home! What's the surprise?

You sat your phone down on the counter, humming softly. You drank your {Beverage}, wondering what the surprise could be. It could be something small, something huge! Though, knowing Giran, it would probably be something a bit cheesy.