|~|Keigo Takami x Reader|~|

/Title/
Can't Keep My Cool

|Disclaimer|
Already Dating

\Requested By\
sadaesthetic666

|POV|
Reader

You were silent as you watched Keigo walked through the door, expression tired and less lively as he portrayed to be. You watched as he threw his coat on the table and fell onto the couch, face in the leather. You watched as his wings fell over him in a slow and jelly-like movement.

Keigo said nothing, not even a 'hello' or a 'how was your day?' You knew today was a bad day, because he didn't even give you a peck on the lips.

You gently sat the towel in your hand down and walked over to him. You knelt beside him and gently stroked his wings. "Keigo," you said quietly. "What happened?"

Keigo didn't move or speak for a moment. When he did sit up, you could see that his eyes were glossy and he had a large cut on his cheek. You sighed and wiped the blood away and went to get a towel and some peroxide.

Keigo pulled his hair back to let you do your thing as he spoke tiredly. "It was a long day," he said in a tired and less energized voice. "They want me to be a double agent again."

You frowned at those news and finished cleaning his cut cheek. You patched his cheek up with a bandaid and kissed it for good measures. "With who?" You questioned, adjusting his shirt color and messing with his hair a little.

His nose scrunched you slightly, the face he made when he didn't like something. "The League of Villains," he finally spoke.

This made you pause. You slowly backed off of him to look him in the eyes. You frowned seeing that their glossiness has grown to a shine. You sighed and took his non-cut cheek into your hand and kissed his head softly.

"Keigo," you said softly. "You know you can decline! If you don't want to do it then it's completely fine!" You smiled slightly and made sure he saw you.

Keigo watched as you tried to cheer him up, running to the kitchen and coming back with some fried chicken. But he didn't even do so much as to look at the chicken.

You realized something else had to be wrong, since Keigo wouldn't stay in this state for so long if there wasn't. You sat the chicken down and sat next to him, his wing now over your shoulder as you took Keigo's hand that was on his lap. He closed his eyes and you looked at him face-to-face.

"Keigo, I know you!" You spoke. "What is eating at you so much making you this way?" You were worried, you thought Keigo was going to break up with you. Or maybe this League Of Villain stuff was messing him up? You didn't know, but you needed to know.

He was silent for a while before he looked at you. "{Y/N}," he said hesitantly, something that never happened. "I don't want to be a hero anymore."

You were confused. Your eyebrows furrowed to show this, and you at up a little straighter. He didn't want to be a hero? Why didn't he want to be a hero? That's how he met you! How you both had a good house!

Keigo looked away, knowing what you were thinking. "I-I have been a double agent," he said. "For a few months now and I... I-I didn't exactly know how to tell you-when you tell you!"

You were confused once more. "What do you mean? I know you're a double agent, but for a few years now."

Keigo gripped your hand tightly and slowly turned to look at you, making a shiver run down your spine. You could see fear, insecurity, and a touch of pain in his glossed over eyes.

"I'm with the League of Villains."

You felt your heart stop and your skin go pale. You didn't know what to say to that. Keigo, your Keigo was with the league?

You shook your head a little. "Ha," you laughed nervously. "You mean y-you're already spying on them, right?"

Keigo slowly looked away from you, making it finally sink in completely. Keigo wasn't spying on the league, he was spying on the heroes.

"I didn't want to tell you," he started. "Because I knew you would react this way. I was scared you would leave me because I'm not who you thought I was," his usual cocky smirk was a saddened frown of pain. "I was scared I would loose you."

You didn't know what to say. You were stunned by these news. He looked at your hand and gently took it, his wings falling down slightly. "I understand if you leave," he said in a quiet tone. "But just know that I never intended to betray you, or to hurt you."

You felt the warmth of his hand and looked down. You bit your lip slightly before grasping his hand and looking up at him. "Keigo Takami," you said softly. "I love you. You know that. The first thing we promised each other when we got together was to always love each other no matter what we went through, because we will go through it together,"

Keigo looked surprised and a little brighter at those words. "What? Are you really staying!?" His wings fluttered and he smiled happily. You giggled at his goofy self and nodded.

"Of course I am, silly! I might take me some time to digest this," you started. "But I will keep your secret and love you until the end."

Keigo immediately embraced you in a To got hug, covering the both of you in his wings. You hugged back just as tight and buried your face into his neck, smiling brightly at the thought of staying with him.

Keigo kissed your head, then your nose, then your lips softly. "I promise," he started. "I will never let a single thing hurt you! I promise you that you will be unharmed!"

You giggled and brushed his hair back. "I know you will," you said calmly. "I will protect you, too. Keep your secret and protect it."

Keigo, for the first time today, took his chicken and began to eat. You chuckled at that and got up.

You two had a lot to do. And all of that would take time. Especially for a near future.

~~~

Word Count:
1089

Artist Credit:
Fenori on DeviantArt

Music Credit:
N/A

Published On:
August 20, 2020

{Author's Note}

{Music isn't working for Wattpad, worry guys!}