|~|Katsuki Bakugo x Male!Reader|~|

/Title/
You

|Disclaimer|
Swearing, LGBTQ, Slight Homophobia, Minor Violence, Minor Angst

\Requested By\
wizardofahhhs

|POV|
Reader

You frowned as you watched one of your closest friends in UA, Katsuki Bakugo, began to punch the tree repeatedly. You felt your stomach churn seeing what he was doing, seeing the blood trickle from his knuckles. He began to paint the tree bark with his own blood.

"K-Katsuki," you called, slowly standing from your spot. He didn't stop, only punching harder, small sparks flying from his hands. "Katsuki!"

You nervously made your way over, prepared to endure a massive explosion to the face. You wanted to help him, you wanted to help your friend. You wanted to help Katsuki Bakugo, an unlikely friend and an even more unlikely crush.

You finally got close enough where you took his shoulders. "Kat-"

"Leave me alone!" He cried out unexpectedly. "You did this! You did this! You did this to me!" He punched the tree harder every time the word was emphasized.

You tightened to your grip on the boy. You began to pull the boy back, who still tried to punch the tree, now attempting to kick it. He kept telling you to leave him, that this was your fault. Finally he pushed you to the ground, making you gasp from the loss of breath.

He put his hands up to the tree and exploded the entire tree in one blow, setting some bits of grass on fire too. You felt the heat rush past you and you store bits of your hair fizzed.

Bakugo breathes heavily, shaking in his spot as he watched the tree slowly fall and crumble to nothing but ash. You slowly stood up and grabbed his shoulders again, which made him whip around and grab you firmly by the side of your shoulders.

You gasped and tried to get away, afraid he would beat you to nothing but a bloody pulp. "YOU!" He roared and pushed you against the wall as hard as he could, making you gasp for air. "YOU MADE ME!"

"I-I-I made your f-feel what!?" You were so confused. You gulped, not realizing that bits of your clothing was scorched where he held you. Your shoulders began to burn.

He inched his face closer, making you feel his breath on your face. You shivered and grew more frightened. What was he doing? What was he going to do?

"You," he started in a dark voice. "Make me feel warm," he snarled. "You make me think about nothing but you. You are the reason I want to protect you! You are the reason I can't sleep. You did it."

You were so confused. You felt like you wanted to throw up from nervousness and fear. Bakugo suddenly let you go, but positioned his arms where you couldn't escape him.

"I don't think I understand," you frowned. "You... You think I make you..." you slowly began to realize. "Bakugo... y-you're..."

"Did I fucking stutter?" Her snarled lowly. "I can't function because you made me fall for you. It's your fault!"

You began to feel more saddened than fearful. He was scared, you could see that in his eyes. Was he scared of the realization? Scared of what he thought? Scared of what society would think?

"You're... gay." It came out quietly and it never felt like it would ever come to thought when it came to the Katsuki Bakugo. He would always make fun of you for who you love, for your love of guys.

Like he had been waiting for someone to actually say it to him, Bakugo's expression grew less and less angry. You noticed how his eyes grew glossier. You hesitated before reaching to cup his cheeks.

"Katsuki,," you noticed how he constantly blinked and swallowed down his tears. "If you need to let it out... let it happen."

Bakugo watched you for a moment before hesitantly laying his head by yours and quietly crying. You hesitated before wrapping your arms around the boy and holding him close for a hug. It took into minutes before he wrapped his arms around your middle and did the same.

Never would you harm dreamed that Katsuki Bakugo would ever come out. You never even thought he would ever feel that way. Especially after he would harass you for living men, for being you. Especially after he would bully you for it.

You began to shake too, feeling all of your emotions escape your bottle. You didn't have to hear about it again. You didn't have to endure the day without another comment about it. That's what you hoped.

"I'm sorry," you heard a broken voice croak. "For saying all of those things... I guess I was just... so mad at myself..."

You nodded a little and buried your face into the boy's shoulder. With minutes passing by with an unbreakable hug and even unbreakable silence, you both finally pulled away.

Both of your cheeks were red and wet from tears. You chuckled a little and wiped the boy's tears with your thumb. He looked at you hesitantly, not wanting anyone to see him like this. He gulped before he did the same to you, making you laugh a little.

"W-What exactly will be the next step?" You asked him quietly. "Your plan?"

Bakugo seemed hesitant for a moment. Then he took your hands and looked you in the eyes. "I know I was a duche," he said quietly. "But I want to try this... It will take a bit for me, it's so new and... and so..."

You chuckled. "Unfair? Yeah... I know."

Bakugo gave a rare smile and shakingly laid his forehead against yours. "Can we... try?"

You nodded a little and smiled back at him. "Of course we can date. Even though everything you've done like it hurt I've always seen a soft spot in you, Katsuki. I saw it the first day in UA."

Bakugo still had a smile on his face as he rolled his eyes. "Sure you did, dork."

You giggled. "Of course I did."

~~~

Word Count:
1018

Artist Credit:
@cm_shoto_sans on Reddit

Music Credit:
N/A

Published On:
September 15, 2020