|~|Hitoshi Shinso x Depressed!Reader|~|

/Title/
Please Control Me

|Disclaimer|
Depression, Self-Harm {Minimal}

\Requested By\
Cosplay666girl

|POV|
Hitoshi Shinso/Reader

Another day, another nightmare. At least that's what a few people thought. But sometimes it meant a little more than the other.

Hitoshi sat next to you in silence. You leaned on his tiredly as you stared at your feet. The entire day for you had been rough. From the time your alarm went off to this point. Hitoshi hesitated before wrapped an arm around your shoulders and sighing.

"What happened this time?" He asked quietly, as if your ears were sensitive to the sound.

He didn't reply at first. You had been thinking about the day's events. But when you registered his question you finally looked up. "This morning, I guess my alarm went off and I slept past it... I was late to class for a few hours. Then I failed my test... I studied so hard on it... Then at lunch I left my money at the dorms so I couldn't get lunch... and then Bakugo made fun of me for it... A-And during training he made fun of me for tripping and falling on my face. I almost killed Denki..." You looked down sadly. "And then at the end of the day I ran into the corner of the wall with a nail and my arm bled through my uniform sleeve... then at the dorms the power went out a-and I couldn't do anything... Not school wise, or anything..."

Hitoshi listened. He kept track of everything you listed. To him, it sounded like today was rough. But to you? Possible one of the worst days ever.

"There's always tomorrow," Hitoshi said after exhaling. "It's always a little better than the last. And tonight I'm sure that we can file some papers to leave campus to go out for some dinner. I bet that will help you feel better."

You sighed and closed your eyes, head still on his shoulder. "I... I-I'm not hungry."

Hitoshi immediately furrowed his eyebrows. "You said you didn't eat. You know I don't like it when you lie."

You were silent. He gulped a little before opening your eyes and sitting up. He looked at you silently, looking over your pained face. He hoped you weren't going to continue the food strike anymore.

You had been depressed since the both of you were young. You often skipped meals just to keep your mind out of the gutter. But recently Hitoshi, your best friend, had forced you to eat and helped you grow healthier.

You looked to the side. "I just don't have an appetite," you said. "I know it looks bad but I promise I'm just not hungry."

"You are a terrible liar," he sighed. "Let's get some dinner really quick. I'll pay, alright?"

You frowned and sighed. You shook your head slowly. "No," he frowned a little deeper at that. "I'm not hungry, I swear."

"You mind may say that, but it's lying to you. You should know that," he ran a hand through his hair. "For me? Please?"

You thought for a second. Then you stood. "No, Hitoshi! And you're not going to force me, you know?"

Hitoshi knee what he had to do, but he knew they wouldn't talk to him for a day or two for it. He sighed. "Alright then... mind if I walk you back?"

"I'll walk myself," you said, making your way back to the dorms. But you found yourself stopping in your tracks. You tried to move but you couldn't.

Hitoshi sighed and walked in front of you. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. "It's the only way." He pet your head and began to make you walk with him. He didn't like this, but it was the only way to get you to eat.

~~~

Word Count:
649

Artist Credit:
theMeowYin on Twitter

Music Credit:
N/A

Published On:
September 7, 2020

{Authors's Note}

{Sorry this is short, I was pretty uninspired but I hope it's okay...?}