[Chapter 3]

---Hunter---

The day after I had been thrown in prison, they took me out of my cell and to a big room inside of the big building.
It was filled with people and the chief sat on a big stone throne which was located on a raised platform on the far and of the room.
Next to the throne stood a smaller, but similar version of the big throne, though this one was empty.
While I was brought into the room  I was flanked by two armed guards.
When they stopped ten feet away from the throne, the chief stood up and said; "Today we have gathered to decide the fate of this stranger."
I tried to stand up and protest but was forced down back on my knees by the guards.

"This strange man has attacked one of our hunters unprovoked and claims to come from beyond The Mist." the chief said.
"Since only monsters come from beyond The Mist, I think that it is safe to assume that he can be a spy for the Dark One, send here to find our weak spots in our defence, or take us out from the inside."
The more the chief spoke, the more astonished I became.

A spy? me? a spy?!? and who is this Dark One?  I thought.
But I didn't get the chance to ask questions.
Every time that I tried to speak, I was silenced by one of the guards.
The chief continued to rant about monsters and their plight, and with every word he said, I got angrier. In the distance thunder suddenly rumbled and the torches started to flicker. After a little while, I couldn't take it anymore.

"ENOUGH!!!"
And with these words, all hell broke loose.
All torches in the room burst out into an inferno of flames, lightning struck down all around the village and the earth trembled.

Shocked by the sudden violence of nature, I forgot all of my anger at once, and at the same time the torches went back to normal, the lightning stopped striking and the earth fell silent.
When I saw that everybody was both confused and frightened, I immediately took advantage of the situation and spoke.
"Now everybody listen to me for a second! I first want to say that it was never my intention to attack anybody, so I'm sorry for that. Also, I have no idea who this 'Dark One' is, and I am most certainly not a spy."
When he had finished the Chief sat up in his throne and asked; "Did you just cause all of that?" 
I gave the man a confused look. "What do you mean?"
"Well, the fire, the lightning and the shaking of the earth of course." The chief replied.
"No. Of course not. That would be impossible." Hunter said.
Then a figure stepped out of the crowd and asked; "Are you sure? Nothing is truly impossible." Turning around to see who said that, I looked straight into the eyes of a girl with dark blonde hair, and sea blue eyes. I estimated her around my age.
Who are you? I wanted to ask, but before I got the chance, the chief called out.
"Ayra get over here at this instant! you know I don't want you among the common people."
"O come on Dad, that's just not fair! why am I not allowed to be among others, to make friends!" The girl lashed out.

Wait, that's his daughter! I thought. She looks nothing like him. 
My thoughts were interrupted when she asked him something.
"Sorry, what did you say?" I said, looking back at her
"I asked if you are a one-hundred per cent sure that you had nothing to do with what just happened?"
"Well not a hundred per cent sure but, how would I be able to do something like that?"
Before Ayra could react to that the chief ordered the people in the throne room the go back to their homes and ordered the guards to take me and Ayra to his living quarters.

When I was left alone in the chiefs living quarters, I immediately asked;
"Okay, what the heck is going on here! first, you are about to give me some sort of punishment and now you want to talk to me about something."
But instead of the chief responding, I got answered by Ayra. "I understand your confusion, but I am about to explain everything."