[Chapter 18]

---Hunter---

Nox lead us out of the building and towards Beacon square.
"So, where are we going exactly?" Jade asked.
"The city Djuren. That is where the Archives are." Nox replied, giving me a sideways glance.
Jade's face paled. "The capital?"
Nox nodded. "Yes, though you should be familiar with it." He said, a smile forming on his face
I looked at Jade. "What does he mean?"
She looked away. "Nothing. He is just trying to get in our head."
While we had been speaking, we had reached the square.
Nox walked over to the Beacon and took an amulet out of his pocket.
He was about to place it on top of the Beacon, but I grabbed his wrist.
"What is that?"
He looked me in the eyes.
"This is a Beacon key. As the City-Master, I don't have to pay for Beacon travelling."
I let go of his wrist. "Fine. Just don't try anything. You know the consequences."
"I know. I swear I won't try anything."
"Why did you take Ayra in the first place?" I asked as he placed the amulet disappeared in a bright flash of red light.
Before he could answer light engulfed us.

When we landed I looked around me.
We were standing on a similar square like the one in the City in the Sky, but the tiles were made of sandstone.
I looked over to Nox and Jade.
Jade was looking around her while Nox stuffed the amulet back in his pockets.
Then I looked behind them, and my jaw hit the floor.
I was looking at the biggest building I had ever seen.
It was over ten stories tall and spanned wide as far as I could see.
"Whoa... What is that place?"
"That is the Royal Palace. Home of the king of Akeridia." Nox replied. "It is also where we are going."
I raised an eyebrow. "Realy? I thought that we were going to the Archives."
Then Jade spoke. "The Archives is part of the Palace, isn't it?"
Nox nodded. "Yes. They are."

We made our way to the gates and Nox spoke with the guard standing outside.
I looked over to Jade, who was fiddling with her hands nervously while keeping her head down.
I place a hand on her shoulder, whispering. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied, not meeting my eyes.
I now grabbed her hand.
She flinched and looked at me.
"I'm here for you. Okay?" I said.
She opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by the guard that Nox had been talking to.
"Of course my lord. Right this way."
I grabbed Nox by the shoulder, turning him around.
"Where is he taking us?" I hissed.
"The Archives of course. Where else?" He hissed back.
He pulled himself loose and straightened his clothes.
The guard led us through endless corridors until we reached a big hall.
At the other end of the hall, there were two gigantic doors.
And on those doors were symbols made of gold.
Those are the same kind of symbols as I saw in those ruins on our way to Beacon-Town. I thought.
It is ancient Akeridian. The voice in my head said.
I flinched.  DUDE! Will you stop startling me like that?
Sorry. I will do my best. The voice replied.
Anyway, what does it say? I asked.
Well... if translated from Latin, it reads:
"Only the Champion of Magnus may enter these doors." The voice said.
I mentally smirked. So no problem then.
No. The answer sounded.
And then he went silent again.
Not bothering to ask the voice, I turned to Nox. "So, what must I do?"
"Just place your hand against the door. If you are the Champion, then it will open." He replied.

I did as he said and placed my hand against the door.
At first, nothing happened. But then a golden light erupted from my heart, my hand started to glow as did the doors.
I heard the guard gasp and drop the spear he had been holding.
Quickly after I heard him running away.
"Fuzzbuckets"  I grumbled. "We have to stop him. Or else we will have the entire Palace guard on us."
"It is already too late for that." Jade said.
Then the doors started to vibrate.
With a sound like thunder, they opened, revealing rows and rows of books.
I stepped inside and looked around me. There was no sign of Ayra anywhere.
But then I heard shouting to my right;
"Someone, please, anyone. I'm here."
"Ayra? Is that you?" I shouted, running towards the voice.

Rounding a corner I saw her, her hands bound together.
I sprinted toward her, cutting her loose with Shadow-Cleaver.
She immediately hugged me, burying her face in my shoulder whilst crying.
"I was so scared." She whispered.
"I know." I said, hugging her back. "I'm here now. Nothing is going to happen to you again."
I turned around as I heard footsteps behind me.
It was Nox with his hand in the air, Jade behind him pointing a sword at him.
"He tried to make a run for it as soon as soon as you were out of sight."
"YOU?! You're behind this?" Ayra shouted at Nox.
She was now standing upright but was still hanging on to me.
Before Nox could answer, however, guards came pouring in, surrounding us all.
Then the circle parted in one place and a man wearing expensive clothes stepped through.
"What is the meaning of this Nox?" The man demanded
Both Nox as Jade paled, Jade immediately looking down to the ground, trying to cover her face.
Nox was about to reply, but I simply lifted my hand and shook my head at him.
Then I stepped in front of them, Ayra following right behind me.
"The meaning is that he tried to escape justice after he had kidnapped my friend here, sir."
The man's eyes snapped to me.
"Sir? Boy, do you have any idea who you're talking to? It is Your Highness for you."
This shut me up for a couple of seconds.
But I quickly regained control over my tongue.
"I am terribly sorry Your Highness.
My name is Hunter Grey, Champion of Magnus." I said, bowing.
"Oh really? Prove it."
"I opened the doors, didn't I? Shouldn't that be proof enough?" I stated.
One of the guards surrounding us stepped forward. It was the same one that had led us here.
"It is true my king. He did open the doors."
"Very well then. Guards... escort them to the throne room so he can tell his story."