[Chapter 4]

---Hunter---

"Okay, what is going on here?" I asked."First you put me on trial." I said while pointing at the village chief. "And then she shows up and starts asking random questions. I demand an explanation."
"I understand your frustration, but you have to stay calm. if you rage out now it will make things only more complicated." Ayra said.
"We have a legend about a Hero who showed up out of nowhere and ended the reign of an evil warlock who terrorized our lands ."
"Okay... but what has that to do with me?" I asked.
"Well, the Hero used Elemental magic to do so, the same kind of magic you have shown to possess," Ayra said like it was super obvious.
"Maybe it's better that you hear the whole story." Her father said.

"Over five-hundred years ago there was a terrible evil that terrorized our land in the form of a warlock.

He first came to us with the offer to join him peacefully, but when people declined his offer he shouted in rage; "Then suffer the consequences!"

And with these words, he left together with the people that had joined him.

In the following weeks, nothing happened until a hunter came home with a message.

He had seen a horde of despicable creatures, coming towards the village all armed with massive weapons and armour.

At first, we thought that he had hit his head, but then the monsters arrived there was one normal man among all the other monsters who came forward.

It was one of the people who had joined the warlock.

He told us to give him all our gold and food or else, he would take it and burn the village.

Our people obliged.

That winter they barely survived.

And so it went every year for five whole years.
But then a miracle happened. A few days after the last raid a strange man showed up with very few memory's, but very skilled in fighting.

He asked what had happened to our village when he saw our burned farms and buildings.

The people told him the whole story and an expression of determination covered the strangers face.

He told the people that he once made a promise to always stand up against tyrants like the warlock, who was called the Dark One by now.

And so he set off  on a quest to stop the Dark One and bring peace."

"And what happened after that?" I asked.
"Nobody really knows, but apparently he found the elemental seals and used them to defeat the dark one." the chief said
"And no one has seen the stranger ever again." Ayra chimed in.
"And ?" I gestured for her to continue.
"And that's it." she said.
"How do you mean, That's it?" I exclaimed, "There must be more to the story."
 Before Ayra could answer, a man ran in.
"Monsters!" he shouted, "Monsters are coming towards the village!"