Chapter 9

AGAPE stared at the man who managed to steal her heart. Tila may karera sa puso niya dahil sa sobrang bilis nito. His dynamite eyes glistened with the reflection of the colorful night sky.

She can't take her eyes off him. He looks heavenly, under the scenery of the romantic night, and his arms, covering her body while listening to each other's beat.

The felicities of her heart are swelling as each seconds passing by. She's delightful and her heart is warm because of the contentment she's feeling.

"Why are you asking me?" she asked in her small voice. Iniiwasan niya na marinig sa tono ang kagustuhan niya para sa bagay na iyon. Marriage. That's her ultimate dream eversince she become a romance writer. She wants to feel what her character feels, in the arms of their loved ones.

That's why just like the other characters in a fictional stories, she waited for the right guy for her, for the right time for her love, and silently hoping for her own kind of fairytale.

A fairytale without princesses, castles, and a fairy godmother, just her and her love, living happily and contented in their own castle called home with their little princesses and princes.

"Are you interested?" he asked again without taking his eyes off her.

Why are you asking me, Gray?

"Of course, I am.. I'm getting older and almost all of the girls in my age are now married... with kids.. " she smiled sadly. There's an envious in her tone and she can't hide it.

Her bestfriend, Clare, has already entered many relationships. Kahit wala naman talaga siyang sineryoso at tumagal na relasyon, it's still a romantic relationship. Kahit paano ay hindi ito matatawag na NBSB. Not that there's something wrong with it though, it's just herself who's concluding things.

Many called her a beauty eversince she was born. And almost all of them are expecting that guys will flock at her. Meron naman, sa totoo ay mahaba ang pila nang mga manliligaw niya noon. But it's her mistake that she's not entertaining one. Akala niya noon ay iyon dapat. She thought that having relationship will be a hindrance for her education. She's scared to fail.

She didn't realize that she's missing chances. Hindi nga niya halos na-enjoy ang kabataan niya dahil sa pagiging pokus sa pag-aaral. Her parents are not forcing her to get high grades, they just want her to study and hangout with friends like a normal teenager. Hindi niya nga lang alam kung bakit mas pinili niyang lumayo sa kasiyahan at mag-aral na lang.

"You badly want to get married?" he asked again and she immediately nodded. They continued their dance but in slow manner right now so they can still have a peaceful conversation.

"Oo.. " mahina niyang sagot.

Pagkasabi niya 'nun ay agad na niyang niyuko ang paningin. She's too embarrassed to look at him. Sa mga sinasabi niya ay parang sinusuko niya ang sarili sa lalaki. Kahit hindi naman talaga siya ang inaanyayahan nitong magpakasal.

Bakit, Agape? Kapag ikaw ba, papayag ka talaga?

Maybe she will. Yeah, that's so crazy of her.

"Are you willing to get married even if you just recently knew your groom?" he assured but she just nodded and smiled.

"They say that it takes time for a couple to enter marriage, but for a desperate woman like me.. I might really take that offer.. " natatawang niyang sagot. "But I'm not willing to tie a knot to someone I don't trust, and I can't simply have a trust in the end... " she added. Kahit naman desperada siyang magpakasal, gugustuhin naman niya sa lalaking may prinsipyo sa buhay. Marriage is not all about love. Trust is the most essential for a marriage to work. And because you both trust each other, affection will deepened.

"If I'm the guy, are you willing to tie a knot with me?" he blurted out.

Napatingin siya sa lalaki. She mirrored herself in his eyes. His tantalizing eyes wandered in her face. Before, it easily made her nervous, but now, she's comfortable and she doesn't know why. Ngunit hindi parin nawawala ang nararamdaman niyang pagkabog ng dibdib tuwing hinahagod siya ng tingin ng lalaki.

"Yes... " she weakly answered. Inalis niya na ang inhibisyon sa katawan at hinayaan ang sariling damhin ang pagkakataon at ang ang mahulog-sa patibong ng pag-ibig.

His eyes are observing her. It looks like he's memorizing every inch of her face. Bigla ulit siyang nakaramdam ng hiya at muling yumuko. But a soft palms touched her chin and gently lifted it up until their eyes met again. He's eyeing her darkly, and like a submissive prey, she placed both of her palms in his chest lift herself a bit until she reached his face. She waited for a seconds before she flamed a light kiss. Agad niya iyong binitawan at umalis sa pagkakatingkad. He doesn't reacted, he's just staring at her.

Bigla nanaman siyang nilukuban ng hiya at akmang aalis na sa pagsasayaw nilang dalawa ay mas mahigpit na yumakap ang dalawang braso ng lalaki sa bewang niya. Napasinghap siya nang tuluyan nang lumapit ang muka niya sa lalaki. And in just a span of time, his soft lips met her parted lips again. She was stucked at her place and she can't think of anything else. But then, she closed her eyes and followed the rhythm he's giving. Nang ibinuka ng lalaki ang labi niya ay tuluyan na siyang nagpadala. She parted her lips more and gave him an access to her lips. They are kissing in a slow manner, not minding the surrounding, and before she can even realize, her arms already on his neck, caging him like her own, and feasting in his sinful lips.

Ngunit agad siyang napabitaw at napaatras nang maramdaman ang labi nitong bahagyang kumakagat sa pang-ibaba niyang labi. Agad silang nagkatinginan at sabay na nag-iwasan ng tingin.

What the hell happened?

But Agape, you're the one who made the first move, right?

"U-Uh... y-yung wine try natin.. " pambasag niya sa katahimikan at tahimik na umalis sa pagkakayakap ng lalaki at dali-daling bumalik sa upuan at umupo. Ramdam niya ang pagsunod ng lalaki at napailing-iling na lang siya sa bagay na ginawa nila kanina.

Nang magkaharap muli sila sa upuan ay agad siyang yumuko. Hindi niya kayang tingnan sa mata ang lalaki. Parang pinapaso siya sa bawat pagtingin nito.

Hindi na niya alam ang gagawin niya o kung anong inaakto niya. Mawawalan na ba siya ng trabaho o ano?

"You're not comfortable. Do you want to rest now?" he asked and she bit her lips. Agad niya iyong inalis nang maalala ang mga sandaling iyon kanina. Kung hindi kinagat ng lalaki ang pang-ibabang labi niya, hindi pa siya matitigil.

Parang gusto kong sabihing salamat sa pagkagat.