Chapter 16

"WHERE are you, Agape Clementia?" bungad ni Clare nang sagutin niya ang video call. Nagkatinginan sila ng boss niya na ngayo'y abala sa laptop habang nakasandal sa headboard ng kama.

"Uh, work?" she bit her lips. Hindi talaga niya alam kung paano sasabihin!

"Really? Pero nandito ako sa floor niyo ni Kuya Gray, Agape. The two of you are missing. " giit nito.

"O-Out of town work?" she even stuttered. She wanted to tell it to her in person. Hindi via phone call. Baka sumugod lang 'yun dito sa Batangas.

"Oh? Okay, " she answered. Nakahinga naman siya ng maluwag. "And Gray? Where is he? I can't contact him. I need to tell him something important pa naman. "

Bumalik ang kaba niya. If she will give her phone to Gray, Clare will know that they are staying in one room. She would be hysterical!

She just turned off the camera before she gave it to her boss. Casual naman itong inabot ng lalaki.

"What is it, Claresta?" he asked grimly.

"What, Kuya? I can't see anything! Turn on the camera!" she exclaimed. She just shrugged. Bahala na.

Gray turned on the camera and face Claresta in the screen with his usual emotionless face. "Better?" he asked.

"Nasa hotel pa pala kayo, " she whispered. Parang wala naman siyang nahalata. "I just want to say that Abuela is here. And he wants you to go home and bring what you promised daw sa kanya. "

Her eyes widen in shock. She's really expecting this one but not this early! Wala pa siyang confidence para humarap sa pamilya ng boss niya. In Gray's stories, his grandmother is strict. His father is just fine. And his mother? He didn't tell anything. Maybe it was a sensitive one, so she didn't bother to ask for more details.

"Alright, tell her that I'm coming, " agad niyang sagot.

When the call ended, they both fell in silence. She's not really sure about meeting his family that early eventhough she was already expecting it. Maybe because of nervous, and she can't stop the coldness she's feeling.

"Is it fine with you?" Gray asked. She sighed and slowly nodded. Ayaw naman niyang sabihing hindi.

"Ayos lang kung kinakabahan pa. Abuela won't kill me if we're not going home today, " dugtong pa niya. But she just shook her head. She's fully decided. Baka mas lalo lang siyang kabahan kapag pinatagal pa niya.

"Let's go back in Manila today. It would be just hard for both of us if you're grandma will be disappointed, " she said. Tama naman ang sinabi niya. And the office, they left it unnoticed.

"I THOUGHT you're staying for a week, hijo, " Tito said as he accompany them to the car. Tita is in her back, with a sad smile in her face. Si Aster naman ay nakasimangot lang habang karga ang pusang si Natasha.

"Abuela really wants our presence, Ninong. But we will surely go back here, " her boss assured. Naintindihan naman 'yun nang mag-asawa at tumango na lang.

They bid their goodbyes to the Gonzaga's. Aster was pouting the whole time. Natawa na lang siya. I think she was just 17 or 18. Buti na nga lang talaga at kumasya naman sa kanya ang ibang damit nito.

"DADAAN muna ako sa apartment ko. I'll change.. " she said when they reached Manila. Agad siyang napatigil nang may maalala. She unconsciously looked at her boss who suddenly stopped too.

Bakit nga ba hindi niya 'yun naisip? She should have thought about it.

Yes, they are married now. So, uh, it's proper that they will live together, right?

But they are in a different case. Well, I think it's still the same.

"Let's go to your place. I'll help you pack your things.. " He only said before he started the engine again.

Natahimik na lang siya. She have nothing to argue with it. In the first place, she actually wanted it.

GRAY dropped the car keys in the sofa when they reached Agape's apartment. The drive was too tiring that he just wanted to sleep. But he should help his wife to pack her things.

Wife. That sounds so good.

"It's almost 3 pm and we didn't have lunch. Do you want me to cook something or magpapadeliver na lang?" She asked.

"I'll take care of the food. You go change, " he said. Tumango naman ang babae at pumasok sa kwarto nito. Agad naman niyang inilabas ang cellphone para mag-order ng pagkain.

"JUST bring your important things, and some clothes. " turan niya nang makitang naglalabas na ng maleta ang babae.

"I don't know what to pick. Parang importante yata lahat, " nakangusong sagot niya.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll send someone here para malipat lahat ng gusto mo. For now, bring the important ones. "

Her eyes twinkled and went back to her room. He stood up then and follow her. Ayaw naman niyang mag-stay lang sa sala habang nag-aayos ang asawa niya.

"Let me help, " he blurted out. Napatingin naman sa kanya ang babae na ngayo'y nakaupo sa kama.

"You don't have to. Madali lang naman, " pagtanggi niya.

"Just let me help.. " he insisted.

Wala nang nagawa ang babae nang nag-umpisa na siyang maglagay ng damit sa maleta. But his forehead creased when Agape softly restrained his hand from putting the clothes in her luggage.

"Hindi dapat ganyan. Gently fold it para mas maraming maoccupy na laman, " she corrected and fix the clothes' folding. "See? Marami pang space. "

He doesn't know about it. Tuwing may business trip naman siya ay basta na lang niyang inilalagay ang gamit sa maleta. He doesn't have anyone to fix it for him. At noon talaga ay hindi siya interesadong matuto.

The doorbell rang and he immediately stood up. I'm sure it was the food he ordered.

And yeah, it was.

"Let's eat first, " he uttered. She nodded and they both went back to the dining.

"I don't know what you like so I just ordered rice and chicken wings, cut fruits and some roasted bell pepper. I don't really know what should I click kaya yung recommended lang ang pinili ko, " he confessed. He's not fond of food deliveries. And usually, someone would do the ordering for him.

"This is okay. Ikaw ba, ayos lang sayo?" She asked.

He nodded. Agape smiled before she handed him a cellophane gloves. "Wear this one. Madudumihan ka kapag kinamay mo yung chicken wings, " she said and god knows how it affected him. It's like someone was taking care of him. He was living alone for years now and he's not used with that gestures.

They started eating with minimal conversation. It was normal for them. They are both not too chatty. But he can't explain why by just sitting and eating together made him so comfortable.

He was about to stood up for the water when the doorbell rangs. Nagkatinginan sila ng dalaga. Parehas nagtatanong. He's sure that she's not expecting someone.

"It can be Clare.. " she whispered and then she suddenly stopped, with her eyes in worry. "Or.. my mother?" she said in a small voice.

"Do you want to hide it to her for now?" he asked. She didn't answer. Bakas pa rin sa mukha nito ang pag-aalala.

"Alright, I'll go hide in your room. You entertain your mother.. " he said. She nodded and looked at him apologetic.

"I'm sorry.. " she whispered.

He let out a small smile. "Don't be. You're still my wife even if you tell her or not.. "