Chapter 18

"WHAT were you thinking, Agape?" Clare calmly stated. Even if Clare sounds so calm, and she can't feel the rage in her voice, she know that she's mad. Clare was just being considerate.

"Clare, don't scare her—

"You're a prick, Gray!" Clare shouted while shooting daggers to Gray.

"Yes I am, so stop shouting. Can't you see? My wife is tired.. " he said.

Napaayos siya ng upo sa kama nang matalim rin siyang tiningnan ng kaibigan.

Clare sighed and stood up. "Alright.. " she said and looked at Gray. "Magtino ka, Kuya. Kapag nalaman kong umiiyak 'yang kaibigan ko dahil sayo, ipapakain kita kay Princess Jairah.. " tukoy nito sa alagang leon.

"Go out.. " tanging sagot ng lalaki at napairap naman si Clare bago lumingon sa kanya.

"Mag-uusap pa tayo mamaya, babae, " seryosong sambit nito. Napayuko siya. "Bahala na kayong dalawa. Sana sinabi niyo kasi. It's not like, I'm a villain here or something na sisigaw ng 'Itigil ang kasal!'" she even rolled her eyes.

"S-Sorry na nga.. " she apologized, a bit emotional. Baka madala ang kaibigan niya at patawarin na siya.

"Don't try me Agape. We will still talk later.. " sambit nito at dali-daling lumabas ng kwarto.

"She's not mad right?" she whispered. She doesn't want Clare being mad at her. She was her only friend. She doesn't want to lose Clare.

"She's not. Nag-iinarte lang 'yun.. " he said and caressed her hair to comfort her.

"R-Right? B-Baka hindi naman talaga siya galit. She likes pulling pranks.. " she even nodded.

"Don't worry about her. She's shock, that's why.. " he assured.

She hopes so.

"You can change with these clothes so you can rest. I'm sorry, that's mine, " he said as he handed her the folded clothes.

"Okay, " she only say before she went to the connecting bathroom of them room. Narinig niya ang pagsara nito ng pinto kaya't nag-umpisa na siyang magbihis.

Napangiti pa siya ng makita ang kabuuan. She's comfortable with his gray sweater pants and his white oversized shirt.

Her luggage is gone. Ang sabi ni Gray, ipinadala na daw sa penthouse nito. Wala tuloy siyang masuot na damit ngayon. But it's okay, her husband's clothes is fine. She likes the scent of it. It reminds her of Gray.

Napatingin siya sa pinto nang bumukas 'yun. It was her husband holding a glass of water.

Inilapag niya ito sa may bedside. "Drink some if you're thirsty.." he said.

"Thank you.." she muttered before drinking the water.

"Rest now. I'll wake you up when the dinner comes," he said before standing up and help her tucked in bed. He placed a soft soft kiss in her forehead making her heart thud. "I'll take care of your worries. So don't think about anything.." he added and she smiled.

Now that his family's aware of her, maybe it's time to introduce him to hers.

GRAY looked at her Abuela sitting in the couch. Claresta and his sister, Red, was sitting too. And his father was just sitting in the the single couch, with a glass of tequila in his hands, and with lips pursed.

"So, you're married?"Abuela started.

He nodded.

"And where did you marry her?" she asked again.