Chapter 28

AGAPE hesitantly played with Wine to stop her baby from crying. She looked apologetically to the man in front of her and stood up.

"I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll just.. " Napatingin ang lalaki kay Wine. His forehead creased before removing his sight from her daughter.

"It's fine, " he said and she immediately turn back her way.

Nang tumalikod siya, doon na bumuhas ang luha niya. She keeps on caressing Wine's hair as she tried to force herself not to cry. But seems like she can't.. she just can't.

"M-Ma'am, " nag-aalalang bungad ni Thena nang makapasok siya sa kwarto. Tipid niyang nginitian ito at kinuha ang bote ng gatas ni Wine.

Thanks god, because Wine stopped crying. Ibinaba niya ang anak sa kama na ngayon ay nasa gatas na ang pansin.

"I'll just talk to s-someone, Thena, " aniya at tumango naman ang dalaga.

She calmed herself before going out of the room. She's good at hiding her nervous. It helps her everytime she's dealing with business.

"D-Do you want juice, tea, or.. what do you like?" halos natataranta na niyang sabi at nagkakalikot na sa kanyang telepono para tumawag sa sekretarya.

"No, I'm good, " agad nitong tanggi kaya't naiwan sa ere ang kamay niyang may hawak na telepono.

"Oh. W-What about some snacks?" giit pa rin niya. "Or uhm.. d-do you want to eat outside?" dugtong niya at agad naman siyang napatigil nang makitang kumunot ang noo nito.

Agape, anong eat outside? Gaga ka ba?

"Don't bother, miss, " sabi nito kaya't nanlulumo naman siyang napayuko. "But I'm fine with water, " umangat ang tingin nito sa kan'ya.

Nagsaya siya sa loob at siya na mismo ang tumayo papunta sa sarili niyang pantry sa loob ng office.

"Sparkling water, water with lemon, or.. do you prefer it cold? Oh, I remembered, you like it warm.. " dali-dali niyang sabi at kumuha ng tubig.

"You remembered?" He asked, confused, and she just let out a force smile.

"It's nothing, " aniya. "So, you're Aira's brother?" She changed the topic.

Napangiti siya nang makitang uminom ang lalaki sa baso.

"Yes, " he answered.

Nasa baso ang atensyon niya. Pwede na ba 'yun? O kailangan pa ng ibang specimen?

"Miss, " tawag nito kaya't agad siyang napatingin sa lalaki.

"Sorry.. I'm thinking about something, " she said. "Can I see your personal documents?" she asked.

He nodded and handed her a brown envelope. Napakurap muna siya bago iyon binuksan.

It says Archer Ynares. His parents are Lucy Ynares and Anton Ynares.

Agad niyang isinarado ang envelope at tiningnan ang lalaki. "D-Do you have medical records?"

"Our house was wrecked by fire, that's the only thing I got, " he casually answered.

Hilaw siyang napangiti at pinagmasdan ang kabuuan ng lalaki.

The way he talks, he moves, and stares at her, they are the same. Is he really the man he longed for a long time? Or she's just blinded by her sadness and love for him?

"You can start being my personal driver today, " she smiled.

There's only one thing to find out, it's to keep him at her side.