Black Cat Arc #3

Hammer Industries. Once attached to Stark Industries. A weapons manufacturer that specialized in weapons of mass destruction. Some people loved them, some people hated them. You? You didn't have an opinion on either or, if you were honest.

But you were here. Looking down at the main building of the company itself. Beside you, your partner in crime.

Cat was inspecting the building with her binoculars while you stood there just watching. Ever since that night about a week ago, you haven't really spoken to Felicia. Cat was most in the driver's seat doing everything.

Honestly, you had no idea how to feel about that.

You could still feel her lips on yours.

You quickly shook the thought from your head and looked back at Cat.

Y/N: So?

Cat: Nothing we haven't seen before. High level security, Hammer created systems, etc. Etc.

She lowered her binoculars and sighed.

Cat: No, I won't tell him anything. You just talk to him.

You raised a brow and looked at the girl.

Cat: Because I'm done playing telephone!

Y/N: Is that Felicia?

Cat: Yes. She's still refusing to just swallow her pride and talk to you.

You just sighed. Of course she was.

Y/N: Whatever. Let's just do this.

Cat stood up and looked at you for a moment.

Cat: You alright? You seem nervous. You're never nervous.

Y/N: Yeah. I'm fine. Let's just go.

Cat watched as you ignited your feet and leaped across the gap toward the building.

Felicia: He hates me.

Cat: No, he doesn't. Though he might if you keep acting like this.

She threw her grapple line and followed you.
------------
???: So, you think that the information you're looking for is in there, why?

Over head, a young girl in a suit of armor soared towards her destination.

???: Because, Miles, I know that Hammer is hiding something. What is it he's hiding? I have no clue.

Miles: Right. You sure you don't need anyone to be your back up?

???: Nah. I got this. Besides, this is a good test run for my new suit.

The boy on the line laughed a bit.

Miles: Alright. Well, good luck. Call if you need anything.

???: Will do.

The girl hung up the call and flew towards Hammer Industries. The place where she would be getting some answers.
----------
Y/N: It should be on this floor somewhere.

Cat: The question is, where?

You and Cat snuck around the 15th floor of the building to avoid any security. What you were looking for was simple. The safe that held the flash drive containing all of Hammer's blueprints to their new prototypes.

Worth millions.

Maybe even billions.

Cat: If I was a rich bald guy, where would I hide my safe?

Y/N: I would say his office, but that place was completely empty.

Indeed it was. Not even a file in a drawer. It was odd but nothing to write home about.