The Young Avengers Arc #2

New York stood in ruins, a memory of what once was there. In the ruins of the Avengers Mansion, both the Young Avengers and the Fist Bros laid defeated while Kang aimed his gun at the young Iron Lad.

Iron Lad: What have you done?

Kang: Make no mistake. This is your handiwork. The moment you arrived from the future, you endangered your friends and their world.

Kang then turned around and created a time portal.

Kang: But if you return with me, I assure you that life here will return to normal. Now, hurry, boy. The longer we stay here, the longer the timestream becomes unstable.

Kang began to walk to the portal as Iron Lad pushed himself up. He looked around at the defeated heroes before he looked at Kang.

Kang: The moment we step through this portal, all of your friends will be just as they were before you arrived. And you'll remember nothing about them.

Iron Lad lowered his head in shame and defeat.

Iron Lad: Fine. I'll go.

Y/N: No you won't!

You grabbed Iron Lad from behind and pulled him away before you punched Kang through the portal.

Y/N: He's staying here.

Monster:
Year ???

You and Iron Lad helped everyone up from the debris of the city as they tried to recover.

Danny: Where is Kang now?

Iron Lad helped him to his feet as you picked up the near unconscious Cassie.

Iron Lad: He's probably in the timestream. No doubt on his way back. And he'll keep coming until I go with him.

Y/N: And I'll keep kicking his ass until we figure something out.

You created a ball of ice and handed it to Cassie who placed it on her head. You sat her down and walked over to Iron Lad.

Y/N: Look, we'll protect you. Avengers or not.

Iron Lad shook his head.

Iron Lad: No. I have to go back. I have to fix this.

Everyone looked at him in shock.

Patriot: What?

Iron Lad: If I go, everything goes back to normal. The way it was before I showed up.

Wiccan: What?! That'll mean we won't be the Young Avengers!

Hulking: Wait....would we even know each other?

Iron Lad lowered his head.

Iron Lad: Probably not.

Patriot walked over to his friend and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Patriot: Woah, slow down for a sec. Let's think about this. Monster just said he can protect you.

Iron Lad shook his head.

Iron Lad: There's no time. Kang will show up again soon.