The Cat and Mouse Arc #1

The Monster had met the Wasp and the Pink Warrior. He found his world growing more and more everyday.

But he had no answers to his past or what he was. But for the time being, he was okay with it. He had taken it upon himself to help the Wasp earn the approval of her peers.

Maybe he can get their approval himself.

Monster:
Year 1

You weren't new to sleeping at a girl's place. You and Felicia shared the same space, after all. But you didn't have ticking devices that did God knows what scattered everywhere. And you and Felicia slept on different ends of the room.

Not piled on the couch with foot in your face. Your jacket was acting as a black for Nadia while you had your ever burning fire inside you to keep you warm.

Ring! Ring!

Somewhere in the house, a phone rang. Not yours, since you didn't have a phone.

Y/N: No, Felicia....don't cry...I'm sorry...

Ring! Ring!

Nadia: Fluffy....clouds...and...donuts....*snort*

Nadia sat up suddenly wide awake.

Nadia: Phone!

Not wide awake.

Nadia rolled off the couch and began to move her hand around to try and find her phone while you just rolled over.

Ring! Ring!

Nadia: Phone? Where are you? I was slept and then you....aha!

She picked up her phone and tried to look at it with her tired eyes.

Nadia: Hello? Whose ring is this? I've never heard this ring!

Ring! Ring!

Nadia tapped the phone screen but nothing happened.

Nadia: You're not ringing. You're not even on! Liar.

She tossed the broken phone aside and contiued her search while you groaned. Venom woke up and appeared on your shoulder to look at Nadia.

Venom: Hurry up and anssswer that phone!

Nadia: I'm trying!

Suddenly, there was a click.

Hank: Hello and thank you for calling Pym Labs. Dr. Henry Pym is likely either out of the lab or currently too small to preceve sound.

Nadia looked at the landline which the sound was coming from.

Hank: If this is a world-ending threat, hang up and call the Avengers. If this is Janet, I'm sorry for what I did or what day I messed up.

Nadia: Is that my dad's voice?

Hank: If this is Scott, you already owe me roughly fifty-thousand dollars, so don't ask.

Nadia: It is! How do I answer you? Do the buttons do anything?

Venom just sighed and began to shake you awake.

Y/N: Felicia...let me...sleep.

Venom stopped shaking you and instead slapped you. You sat up disheveled with your hair a mess and drool running down your cheek.

Y/N: Demon monkey!

Nadia fumbled with the phone before a new voice started talking.

Janet: Good morning. Or, it's actually afternoon. It's Jan. I was just calling to make sure you were awake but it looks like you were up all night doing God knows what again.