The Ten Rings Arc #6

Old Man: Good morning, Y/N.

You slowly opened your eyes to a bright light. You slowly raised your hand to block out the light before your eyes adjusted.

You slowly lowered your arm and found someone standing there.

Old Man: It's been some time since we last spoke, hasn't it?

You couldn't believe what you saw. Standing there, just as you remembered, was the Old Man.

Y/N: What is this? H-How are you here?

Old Man: I'm not. Not really, at least. How are you, kid? You seem like you're doing well. You grew.

You walked over to him and lifted a hand out towards him. You stopped yourself and stood there.

Y/N: Where am I? Am I dead?

The Old Man shook his head.

Old Man: No. You're in the Wellspring of Power. And, I guess in your guide.

Y/N: My guide? Guide to what?

The Old Man just smiled and held out his hand.

Old Man: Come with me and see.

You stood there for a moment, before you took his hand.

Monster:
Year 1

Riri flew overhead and fired off the missiles she had installed the day before. Good investment.

Down below, the others fought with the incoming forces. Doom watched this from the window as he waited for the ritual to finish.

Doom: Take care of them. They must not interrupt the ritual.

His allies nodded. Those who could, left to join the fight. But Taskmaster stopped and looked at the Wellspring. He pondered for a moment, before he looked at Doom. The only ones who remained were the injured Maximus and MODOCK. Those two would be capture should the heroes succeed. The ones who left to fight for Abomination, Monica, Green Goblin, and Midnight's Fire.

Taskmaster looked down at his hand for a moment before he shook his head and left the room.
----------------
Y/N: Where are we?

Old Man: The past. Before your birth. The age of the Strikers.

You stood there, but not as yourself. You were someone else. Someone on a ship. It was dark and raining. Defeated men were scattered everywhere.

Moon Knight: Taskmaster, snap out of it.

You looked over to him and Codex.

Taskmaster: What are we here for? The Creator said this was a recon mission. The hell are they guarding?

Codex: We don't know. But this is why he sent us. Whatever is in that container is something Hydra wants.

The three of you looked at the shipping container that the men were trying so desperately to defend.

Taskmaster: So? We gonna open it or what?

Moon Knight stepped forward and placed a hand on the box. He reached into his belt and pulled out a knife which he used to break the lock. He then grabbed the handle and pulled it open.

Once it was fully open, the three of you looked inside. There was only one thing there.

Y/N: What is it?

Old Man: The beginning of everything.

You walked over to it and opened the case. You lifted the lid, and the box was filled with a blinding blue light.