The Iron Arc #3

You were getting dressed for the day when your room alerted you that someone was at the door.

Venom: Expecting anyone?

Y/N: Probably just one of the girls.

You walked over to the door and made it open. To your surpise, Widow was standing there.

Y/N: Oh, hey. Morning.

Widow: Good morning. You going somewhere?

You nodded as you walked back into your room to grab what you needed. Phone, wallet, key card to the tower.

Y/N: I'm meeting up with Riri to help her.

Widow crossed her arms as she looked at you.

Widow: And what about school?

You stopped and looked at her.

Y/N: What?

Widow: Y/N, it's Monday. You need to go to school.

You groaned.

Y/N: But why? I can fly through any class, I have friends, and I'm a super hero and there are people who need my help.

Widow: And unless Ultron is trying to take over the world, you're going to school. Besides, it's the girls' first day.

That's right. Felicia, Nadia, and Wanda were enrolled to Midtown too. Viv still went to school over in Virginia since she could just fly there and back at a moments notice. Must be nice to be able to fly faster than the speed of sound.

Venom: Sssschool issss for dorksss.

Widow glared at Venom who just returned to your arm.

Widow: Y/N, I know you hate school...

Y/N: Despise.

Widow: But you are still a child and you will live by the rules of this tower. You are Y/N first and foremost. You're Monster second.

You threw your hands into the air.

Y/N: And why the hell is that?! Monster helps people, that guy is the public figure who makes people feel safe and scares away the bad guys! Y/N doesn't even have a last name! What's the point of having all of these powers if I can't save people when they need it?

Widow: Y/N has responsibilities just like Monster does. You can help Riri do whatever it is you two are doing after school.

You just groaned and grabbed your backpack before you walked past her. Widow rubbed her temples and sighed.

Widow: Resist the urge to stab him with a spoon. He's just a kid.

She looked around the room and realized just how empty it looked. It honestly looked like you never moved in besides the bed covers. At least you kept it clean.

Widow placed a hand on her chin and wondered why you were being like this.

Widow: Doesn't even have a last name.

Why did that feel wrong?

Monster:
Year 1

You sulked the entire walk to school. What did Widow even know. All she had to do was wait around for the alert to tell her something is going on and she goes with the Avengers.

Meanwhile, the three girls walking behind you watched as you walked with your head down and your hands in your pockets.

Nadia: Did something happen this morning?