Yankee Doodles

Y/N: This place smells nice.

Nadia: WAIT!

You turned to see Nadia was looking through the glass and at the many pastries that were behind it.

Nadia: There are special Pakistani donuts too?

You and Nadia were currently in a bakery in Manhattan. Why? We'll got to that in a moment.

Y/N: I think Kamala called those, uh, "ballishaha"?

Venom: Balusshahi.

Y/N: Balushahi.

Thank you alien symbiote who has a sweet tooth.

Nadia: That sounds delicious! Are they delicious, Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, actually. Kamala had brought some around the tower once and they were pretty good.

Nadia pointed at another pastry.

Nadia: And are those the most delicious ones?

You shrugged.

Y/N: I only had the donuts.

Venom: THEY'RE FUCKING INCREDIBLE!

Thank you, alien symbiote with a sweet tooth.

Nadia stood back up and spotted the man working the counter.

Nadia: Excuse me, sir? Oh. You have a name tag. Sorry....Naveed!

The man smiled kindly and walked over to her.

Naveed: Yes? How can I help you?

Nadia: Oh, such a nice question. I like you! Naveed, have you eaten all of these?

Naveed: I have.

Nadia: That's perfect!

Naveed: It is?

You just leaned against the wall and watched this interaction go down. She was such a lively girl. Then again, she was probably just curious about a lot of stuff. She had been mostly stuck in the Avengers Compund and on occasion she would stop by the tower just to be around people her age. Well, you and Viv, at least.

Nadia: Yes! I've never eaten any of this stuff and I want to eat all of this stuff. But I can't. Not today, at least. Blerg. So I need to know what I absolutely have to eat.

She grabbed the man by the shoulders and looked into his soul.

Nadia: So, Naveed, what do I absolutely have to eat?

The man slowly and gently took her hands off his shoulder and smiled.

Naveed: Well, if you only ever eat one thing from here, it's my grandmother's favorite recipe.

Nadia: Ohhhhh!

You just sighed. How could you both come from such similar backgrounds yet be so different?

Venom: GET THE DONUTSSSS!

Monster:
Year 1

You walked out of the bakery about five minutes later with Nadia holding a big bag of freshly baked goods.

Y/N: Nadia, I can't believe you bought all that. I'm supposed to be escorting you to the immigration office to get your citizenship all straightened out. Not cleaning out the dessert counter.

Venom: Sssshut up and let usss enjoy our ssssnackssss!

You could feel Venom eating the donut under your shirt. Crumbs were getting everywhere.