A Modern Family

The Monstsr was welcomed into the Program where he met the Spider, the Spaceman, the Inventor, and the Inhuman. He finally found a place to call home.

Along the way, he met the warrior monk who fought alongside him against two kings of the underground. And with that, the Monster gained another ally. Another friend.

But, he has yet to meet even half of those who would become his family. However, we're getting ahead of ourselves.

First, he had to meet the robot.

Monster:
Year 1

You leaped over the spinning blades and ducked under a firing laser. You then created a ball of fire and threw it at the machine which immediately shut down before it could be destroyed.

You then popped out your claws and sliced through the saw blade that was shot out at you. You smiled and retracted your claws. You stood there proud, before you froze the swinging metal arm that was about to attack you from behind.

Y/N: Heh. Nice.

You smiled, before you were shot by something that didn't trip your senses. You dropped to the ground, unable to move. You slowly turned your head and found Widow standing over you with her hands on her hips.

Y/N: Wyit dkd yao di?

*what did you do?

Widow: Tranquilizer dart. You'll be good in a few seconds.

You waited and found it leaving your system. You slowly pushed yourself up and groaned.

Y/N: Why? Why would you do that?

Widow: To see if you would catch it. You didn't.

Y/N: No shit.

You pulled the dart out of your arm and wondered why you didn't sense it. Maybe you could ask Miles about it later. You tossed it aside as the training simulation powered down. Widow crossed her arms as you walked over to your discarded shirt to pull it on.

Widow: So, how long have you been in here?

Y/N: I dunno. Two hours?

Widow: Not bad, kid.

You smiled at the compliment. Widow signaled for you to follow which you did. No one was going to be stopping by today since there wasn't an urgent mission or any training to do. That meant it was just you and Widow since you were the only ones who lived here.

Speaking of which, it was weird that it was just the two of you. It never even felt like she was here. She would either be in the living room, or God knows where. You were actually sacred that she might be watching you while you slept.

She seemed like that kind of person.

Widow: So I got some news, kid.

Y/N: *gasp. You're pregnant. Who's the father?

Widow smacked your chest which just made you smirk.

Widow: No. I'm not having a kid. I can barely keep you five alive. I could never handle a baby.

You just shrugged.

Y/N: Well, if no one knocked you up...

Widow: Actually, let's talk about that for a moment. You grew up on the streets, right? No real adult supervision?

You nodded.

Widow: So, and you don't have to answer, but, what did you get into? Did you do any drugs or drink or slept around with anyone?