The Ten Rings Arc #3

Program: Monster, Gwen Pool, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Wiccan, Iron Heart

Avengers: Black Widow, Wasp (Janet), Captain America

Monster:
Year 1

Widow couldn't tell you what happened after the attack on the tower. She knew that at some point, the medics had to re-set her shoulder from the fall.

She also knew that everyone who was hurt during the attack was picked up by SHIELD and rushed to the Avengers Compound for treatment. Out of all of them, she thinks Miles and Danny got the worst of it.

Viv had some minor glitches to her system thanks to the Enchantress' magic. Wanda was mostly left wondering about her power and why it felt so weak against hers.

Nadia was found on the stairs, a mess with a cracked rib. But she was also quiet the entire time. Not even a whisper. Janet tried to talk to her, but Nadia just stared at nothing.

Widow also decided that she hated hospitals and doctors. They just loved to point out what horrible things she does to herself in her line of work. But that was the life of a hero.

Eventually, Wanda began using her magic to try and fix Viv. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Widow also recalled Billy calling in and telling her that some of the other kids were at work with cleaning up the mess AIM left behind.

Widow was on one of the hospital beds when the door opened. She looked up and found Cap standing there, a tired look on his face.

Cap: You alright, Nat?

Natasha lowered her head and shook it.

Widow: No. They took the kid.

Cap looked at his friend for a moment before he walked over to her and sat beside her.

Cap: This isn't your fault.

Widow: It is. I was trusted to keep these kids safe. I was his guardian and I failed him.

Cap: No, you didn't. No one could've seen this coming. But, you and I need to figure this out. I can get a Quinjet in the air in less than five. We can track them down.

Widow: How? We don't know who these people are, what they want, or even where they are. And I can't leave these kids behind. Not again.

Cap sighed before he placed a hand on her back.

Cap: You're right. For now, you need to rest. We'll figure something out. I promise.

Widow heard him speak. She just didn't process the words. Her mind was on other things. Racing with thoughts that she wished she could control.

Suddenly, Janet rushed into the room with a panicked look.

Janet: Have you seen Nadia?
--------------
Nadia: Audio journals of Nadia Van Dyne. I was at the compound and had an idea. I haven't had a good idea in weeks so I came back to the Tower.

Nadia paced back and forth in the lab section of the Tower with a tape recorder in her hand. It was late, very late, but she couldn't sleep. She needed to figure things out. Work things out.