Dead Space

You let out a yawn as you walked into the Tower's living room from the balcony with Sam. Sam took off his helmet while you pulled off your mask.

Y

/N: Man, talk about a long day.

Sam: I know. I'm beat. We got food in here, right?

Widow looked over the couch and saw the two of you walking in, looking exhausted.

Y/N: Yo. I'm back. Finally.

You and Sam walked over to the fridge and grabbed some milk from the fridge while Viv handed you the box of cereal. You grabbed a fork and headed to the table.

Viv: You have traces of space minerals on your skin.

Y/N: Yep. Went to space.

Widow: And how was that?

You and Sam looked at each other before you both just shivered. You sat at the table and poured yourself some cereal. You and Sam ate in peace, before something landed on the balcony. The door opened and everyone watched as a horse like creature walked in.

Widow: Oh, uh, hey, Beta Ray. What are you doing here?

Beta looked over at you and Sam. He then pointed at you both.

Beta: They must pay for their crimes!

Widow looked over at you both with unamused eyes.

Widow: The hell did you two do?

Sam: Nothing. We literally did nothing.

Y/N: Is this about those spiders? It was in self defense.

Beta: Why did you aid Captain Skaarn?

You and Sam looked at each other.

Sam: The guy needed a boost.

Beta: So you helped one of the darkest souls in our quadrant?

Y/N: Darkest souls? The guy was strained in space while some dudes were blasting away.

Venom: I can confirm.

Beta looked over to Widow who just put her hands up.

Widow: I have no idea what they're talking about. They just got back. But they're good kids. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

Beta turned back to you and Sam.

Beta: It is true. You saw my people attacking Captain Skaarn's ship. But you you didn't see, what you could not have seen, was that Skaarn attacked and enslaved my people while I was away on a journey.

You and Sam sat there for a moment before you dropped your head to the table and Sam threw his helmet across the room.

Y/N: Sam?

Sam: Yeah?

Y/N: We fucked up.

Sam: Yeah.

Beta set his hammer down on the counter beside Viv who looked at it with interest. Widow also got up and walked over to you.

Beta: I can see that you are upset to learn that you helped a true villian, but I have no more time to spend on Earth. I cam to see what your roles in this misadventure were. Now I must find Skaarn and free my people before he can bring them any more harm.

You stood up while Sam retrieved his helmet.

Y/N: We're going to help.

Sam: We need to help.