Not even there yet and almost expelled

At this point... the summer was lame.

we haven't even done anything. Not even visit Harry's friends who haven't even written, not even once.

Hedwig was pretty bored, her chirping was making Uncle Vernon mad but he had her locked shut.

"Third time this week!" he roared across the table. "If you can't control that owl, it'll have to go!"
"She's bored," Harry said. "She's used to flying around outside. If I could just let her out at night —"

"Do I look stupid?" Uncle Vernon snarled.

"Do you really want us to answer that?" I asked.

"Be quiet. I know what'll happen if that owl's let out."

I sighed, this must've been the longest summer in my existence as I zoned out, continuing eating.
I jumped and spilled orange juice when Dudley gasped, Mrs.Dursley screamed and Uncle Vernon jumped to his feet

"What is the matter with y'all!" I exclaimed, they made me spill my juice.
"I meant 'please'!" said Harry quickly. "I didn't mean —"

Oh Harry said the m word... magic.
"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU," Roared uncle Vernon "ABOUT SAYING THE 'M' WORD IN OUR HOUSE?"
"But I —"
"HOW DARE YOU THREATEN DUDLEY!" roared Uncle Vernon, pounding the table with his fist.
"I just —"
"I WARNED YOU! I WILL NOT TOLERATE MENTION OF ABNORMALITIES UNDER THIS ROOF!"
"All right," said Harry, "all right . . ."
I tried to give a reassuring smile. They're just a bunch of idiots who can't handle one little word. I especially don't like that they're yelling at him in his birthday. Which I couldn't get him anything because I'm broke, but it's the thought that counts

"Now, as we all know, today is a very important day." Vernon said
"Finally-" I said, thinking they acknowledged the day Harry was born.
"This could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career," said Uncle Vernon interrupting me.

I sank back into my seat, bunch of gold diggers, that's what they are.
Some rich builder and his wife were coming to dinner and Uncle Vernon was hoping to get a huge order from him.
"I think we should run through the schedule one more time," said Uncle Vernon. "We should all be in position at eight o'clock. Petunia, you will be — ?"

"In the lounge," said Aunt Petunia promptly, "waiting to welcome them graciously to our home."
Whatever.

"Good, good. And Dudley?"
"I'll be waiting to open the door." Dudley said with a ugly smile. "May I take your coats, Mr. and Mrs. Mason?"

I resisted trying not to gag.
"They'll love him!" cried Aunt Petunia

"Excellent, Dudley," said Uncle Vernon. Then he looked at me and Harry "And you two?"
"Well be in my bedroom," said Harry.

"Making no noise and pretending we don't exist," I said, bitting into my toast sighing.

"Exactly," said Uncle Vernon nastily. "I will lead them into the lounge, introduce you, Petunia, and pour them drinks. At eight- fifteen —"
"I'll announce dinner," said Aunt Petunia.
"And, Dudley, you'll say —"
"May I take you through to the dining room, Mrs. Mason?" said Dudley, offering his fat arm to an invisible woman.

You know, if they tried this hard in school, maybe they would have some brains.

"My perfect little gentleman!" sniffed Aunt Petunia

"And you?" said Uncle Vernon viciously to Harry And i.
"We'll be in my room,"

"Making no noise and pretending we're not
there," I said, playing with my crust.
"Precisely. Now, we should aim to get in a few good compliments at dinner. Petunia, any ideas?"