Why am i going backwards?

I ran all the way to Professor Flitwicks class. A short little dude, smaller than me.

    Which Knox pointed out, and realized how skinny I was.

   If only he knew about the Dursley's.

   Meeks waved the moment I walked in. I blushed.

   I went to Knox who had my bag as he handed it back.

   "Glad to see the boils are gone. Especially since." He raised his eyebrows to Meeks.

   I smiled. "Just in time."

   As I went across the class as Meeks removed his bag from the seat next to him.

    "Where were you?" He asked as Professor Flitwick was in the middle of roll call. Standing on a pile of books might I add.

   "Potions accident went wrong, I was in the infirmary."

   He laughed.

   "Steven Meeks." Professor Flitwick called.

    "Uh here." He smiled and nodded.

    "Knox Overstreet." I looked at Knox who winked.

     Professor Flitwick froze, squealed and almost toppled of the book as I raised my eyebrow.

   "Penny Potter." He grinned. Oh that. There's literally nothing special about me, I didn't kill you-know-who.

  "Here." I smiled.

   "Oh right, your famous." Meeks smiled.

   "You can say that. I don't consider myself famous actually."

   "That's called humbleness." He smiled, he has a smile that makes his eyes gleam.

   "That's called 10 years in the regular world not knowing about magic."

   "Really? It's called the muggle world, but I would've thought you grew up knowing."

   "I wish, year after year I was sent to this prestigious school, I hated it."

  He smiled and chuckled.

   "Pull out your wands." Professor Flitwick said, "Today we would be practicing a simple charm, the Levitation charm. Now copy my hand movement, it's swishand flick." He said as he moved his wand.

    The whole class copied his movement.

    I felt like I was back in finishing school forced to learn piano and flute and having to practice conducting.

   "Now the levitation charm is a charm that allows you to lift up any object, except humans. If you are to use it on any person they'll simply float a few feet and it'll be by their clothes. Now repeat after me Wingardium leviosa, without you're wands please, Windgardium leviosa"

   "Now that you know the incarnation, the proper wand movement, it's time to put it to use." He smiled.

   "Can someone volunteer to pass out the feathers?"

   Cameron raised his hand.

   "That's your friend right?" Meeks asked.

   "Yeah but I'm closer to Knox." I said as I point to him.

   "That's my friend over there." He pointed to Neil Perry.

   Cameron arrived in front of us.

   "That's Loony Luna." He pointed to a girl in the front of the class.

   "Cameron, rude. I think it's just Luna." I said peering to look around him to the girl that said me and Meeks would be a good match.