What will your verse be

My Birthday was alright, Harry didn't end up wishing me happy birthday but I'm fine. What do I care?

The rest of the week rolled around and finally it was Friday but we still had lessons, so Todd and I were making our way to herbology with Pitts, Knox and Cameron behind us.

"I got a desk set for my eight birthday." Todd talked to me as we walked towards the greenhouses

"A desk set?" I raised my eyebrows and exclaimed as I put on my dragon gloves. "What were they thinking a kid needed fancy pens for at eight years old."

"Maybe they weren't thinking at all." Todd sighed, he chuckled but I could tell he was bothered.

"Seems like a lot of adults go around thinking that way."

"Thing is, they always put in a lot of effort for my brother." Todd looked down.

"No?!" I exasperated, halted and grabbed on to his arm. "I hate it when they do that!"

I dropped it and kept marching. "You should see my cousin Dudley, spoiled little rat. Thirty six?! But last year I had thirty seven." I mocked. "Meanwhile they wouldn't give me a dime even it came off their own back."

Todd looked down at me and smiled.

"Thirty seven what?"

"Presents." I halted again and raised my arms in emphasis.

He stopped and laughed. "Pfft no."

"On gosh."

He stopped smiling for a second like, what really? that's crazy.

"No!" He said in disbelief.

"That's what's I'm saying!"

"I would never do that." Todd sighed as he started walking putting on his gloves.

"What? Over spoil or under spoil someone?" I smiled taking a glove off and smacking him on the arm with it."

"Both, I will never treat my kids that way."

"Oh Todd don't say that," I exclaimed as we finally entered the greenhouse, which was oddly dark "I want you to always stay my boy forever, never grow up Todd."

"I won't." He smiled.

"Good." I was beginning another sentence when madame sprout interrupted me.

"Stop with all the ruckus," Madame Sprout said as she put a dirty robe to put on on my arms and another to Todd. "Come on, gather up. Gather up!"

I shrugged as we went and stood alongside Knox, Pitts and Cameron who apparently passed us while we were talking.

"Today we will be dealing with devils snare." Madame Sprout began. "They tend to be sensitive to light which is why we're in the dark. They usually originate in dark, wet places and can wrap their vines around any living creature and suffocate them. Write this down please."

I shuffle for my parchment and quills.

"Now devils snare is composed of a mass of soft, springy tendrils and vines that possess some sense of touch, and resembles the flitterbloom. The important thing to remember is that the hardest a person struggles the tighter they will get, you have to relax in order for it to release. Avoid panicking. Now since you are first years I want you to use your textbooks, and write 15 lines on devils snare and and additional information I might have missed and will require you to draw a accurate diagram.