Property of moony, wormtail, padfoot and prongs

September 18

The rest of the week ended up going normally, well normal as can be expected when eight first year wizards choose to practice wandless magic out of the blue.

I found that it constantly left me tired, I felt drained and always felt spent, and the amount of quidditch practice in top of it was not helping with my energy.

Apparently the teachers didn't like it either. At first professor Flitwick was over the moon when we said we wanted to learn how to do wandless magic at eleven years of age. He was left speechless with wonder and excitement, as he thought us as prodigious apparently. That was until he learned it would disrupt class and that most of the time we weren't very successful and slowed everything down.

Professor Snape called us a series of names such as "imbeciles," "narcissist," "juvenile delinquencies," "egoistic," "stuck up," "foolish," the list goes on and on. He would smack us with books too, there wasn't much wand waving in potions but sometimes an incarnation was necessary for a spell and trying to do it wandless always made our potions explode, bubble or let out some awful smell.

We were obviously fine in herbology, history of magic, care if magical creatures, and astrology, but boy did we get on Professor Mcgonagall nerves in transfiguration. It only took one attempt of wandless magic in her class for her to lecture us to use our wands, then order us to stop being foolish on the second day when she saw we weren't stopping and then threaten to give us detention on the third when she cornered us in the great hall, until Dumbledore walked by with a lemon drop in his mouth and said it was quite fascinating what we were doing.

There was also buzz going around in peoples gossip because we lost a significant amount of house points, and because we were diverse it meant that all the houses suffers. You would think gryffindor the least since there's only Charlie but he made up for it with more failed attempts, then hufflepuff with the most since Todd and Pitts were already behind, with Slytherin and Ravenclaw with a normal amount of setbacks, but enough for our house to be annoyed.

Knox, Cameron and I were cornered in the common room with prefects all alike lecturing us about how we had to beat gryffindor, how winning was the only way of being better than the stereotypes we receive of being evil, saying how we should all be helping to work on our goal instead of taking step back, you know just lectures. Camerons face looked like it was going to fall off as it was bright red, Knox just slugged back in his chair and shrugged, and I argued saying that we were just being Slytherin and trying to accomplish wandless magic. Malfoy and his goons kept glaring, Blaise kept rolling his eyes and had a scary face, and Adrian looked concerned.

On our way to quidditch practice afterwards he kept saying I looked tired, and sluggish and kept importuning the real reason I was forcing myself to do wandless magic until eventually, I shrugged him off al told him it was nothing. Marcus kept saying I had some big balls for my persistence in wandless magic and Miles has his arm sluggishly around me and kept asking me how it was going as he grinned which annoyed the others.

However... we improved! By a lot. It was slightly getting easier and easier but we knew it would be a long struggle.

It was Thursday morning when I woke up exhausted when I made my way to the dining hall in my pajamas. I would go back down later to change in my uniform but I was way too tired as I yawned and took a seat next to the others in the gryffindor table. Pitts had his hand on his face and was drooling, Neil kept blinking, Knox shaking his head and I rubbed my eyes as I grabbed a slice of toast and yawned.

"Don't do that." Cameron grumbled beside me glaring.

"What?" I mumbled as I bite into my toast.