Chapter 14- morning excercises

Hamilton woke up at 5am like he used to. He groaned as he sat up. His body was used to waking up at 5am in the morning but not going to sleep after 2hours of COD with Dan. He stood up and stretched, feeling his muscles warm up. Hamilton quickly changed in to his gear and jogged out of the room closing the blue door quietly behind him. As he stepped in to the hall, adoor, painted purple, opened and came out his sisters, Madison and Reagan.

"Morning!" Madison shouted.

"Shut up! Do you want everyone to wake up you idiot?" Reagan said (quietly for a Holt which  was equivalent to yelling )as she punched Madison's arm. Hard.

"Owwwwww!' Madison yelled.

Hamilton sighed, strode to his sisters and half dragged them down the stairs.

"Ow! Let go of me Hammer!" Said Reagan.

"Stop kicking me!" Said Madison.

"Shut up both of you." Hamilton said dejectedly.

"Sorry,Hammer." They both said, grinning wickedly.

"Urgg.." Hamilton groaned. His sisters knew that he hated it when they called him Hammer or even worse spoke
together. He threw both of his sisters over his shoulders and jogged to the field at the back of the mansion. There he set them down and yelled.

"Give me ten laps!" His sisters bolted trying  to overtake each other as they ran.

Hamilton watched them as they ran and started to do a round of freeletics, a workout involving pushups, situps, lunges, burpies, and squats, doing one exercise and next, not taking a break for 30 minutes. Sweat beaded his forehead 30 minutes later, and he finished his workout and headed over to the indoor pools to cool himself down.  There he saw someone diving from the 10 meter diving board into the cold water below. As he watched, the figure took the dive, twisting and turning in to a forward somersault pike. The figure shot in to the water, barely causing a ripple. Hamilton stepped inside, right in time to see Jiah surfacing. She laughed to herself as she swam gracefully to the edge of the pool and pulled herself up and sat on the edge in one fluid motion.

"Morning" she said as she looked at Hamilton.

"Morning." He replied and walked over to where she was sitting. Her hair was plaited in one and out of the way. He sat down next to her.  "I didn't know you could dive." He said.

"You don't know a lot about me." Jiah said with a laugh. "But, yes. I like to dive. I was in the national diving team before I came here.

"Forgive me if I'm being rude.. But aren't you an Ekat?" Hamilton asked.

"Are you saying that Ekats shouldn't do sport?" Jiah asked raising one of her eyebrows.

"Nno, just saying.. You know, sports are a Tomas thing." Hamilton stammered.

Jiah let out a laugh. "I know what you mean. And I'm not an Ekat. Or at least a true one. You see, i don't know what branch I was born into."

"Oh yeah, your adopted right?" Hamilton asked.

Jiah laughed again. "Your like the first person to ask me if I was adopted without pitying me."

"Is that good?"

"Yes, it is." Jiah replied. "Anyways, do you want to race?"

Hamilton smiled. "Your on."