That Happy New Year (oneshot)

Jiah's POV

"We are landing in 15 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts." The flight attendent said over the loud speaker. I took out my earpods and paused the movie that I was watching. I had already fastened my seatbelt earlier so I just closed my eyes and rested my head on the back rest. It was a long flight from Seoul to America and I havent slept at all. I found the long quiet plane atmosphere at night peaceful and calming and it helped me to think. I usually spent it sketching or reading. As the plane descended I could see the busy airport through the window. I was back after 2 years and I was excited to see everyone once again.
~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd person POV
The taxi pulled up to the Cahill mansion. It had not changed in the last 2 years. There was snow covering every inch of the grounds and Jiah made a mental note to have a snowball fight with the boys later.

"Boo" Hamilton whispered in her ears as he circled her waist with his arms from the behind. Jiah jumped slightly and let out a laugh.

"Hello" She said and Hamilton buried his face at her neck.

"I missed you" he said into her skin, is hot breath tickling her. Jiah shivered in pleasure.

"I missed you too" She said. She started to walk forward, Hamilton still holding on to her.

She knocked at the door and it opened, revealing Amy and Jake.

"Hey! You made it! Hamilton was depressed the whole time you weren't here." Amy said with a laugh.

"Awwww" Jiah said patting Hamiltons head.

"I haven't seen you in 6 months." Hamilton grumbled.

"Poor baby" Jiah teased as she closed the door.

Hamilton stayed like that, hugging her, his face at her neck, as they entered the living room, which was still decorated with christmas-y stuff from a week ago.  The room was full of Cahills and when Jiah entered, there was a chorus of hellos that went around.

"You're in your old room, do you want me to help carry your stuff?" Jake asked.

"Nah, I'm sure Hamilton would love to help. Right Ham?" Jiah asked Hamilton who was still attached to her.

"Okay fine." He said grumbling and detached himself from Jiah. He grabbed both her bags and ran up the stairs, followed by Jiah's amused 'Hey!'

Jiah chased him up the stairs to the white room where Hamilton was lying on the bed, his hands behind his head, smirking at her. She laughed at his childishness and sat next to him on the bed. his arm reached out and pulled her down next to him and they lay there, cuddling.

"I missed you." Hamilton whispered into Jiahs hair. 

"I know. I missed you too." Her reply was muffled by Hamilton's jacket.

"You missed Christmas" Hamilton said and Jiah could hear the pout in his voice.

"I know, I'm sorry." She said tugging at his jacket collar. It was nice to be with him again. She had missed his smell, his hugs, and just him in general.

"I got you a Christmas present" Jiah remembered. She got up from the bed and opened her suitcase and pulled out a wrapped package.

"Here you go" She handed it to him and sat in front of him, her eyes shining.

Hamilton raised his eyebrows and took off the wrapping, revealing a long box. He opened it and inside was a blue board, shaped similar to a skateboard. He took it out and inspected it.

"No wheels" he mused.

"I know! I finished it finally. You're the first person to ever own a hoverboard." Jiah said, grinning.

Hamilton pulled her in for another hug.

"Do you want to try it out? It might not be perfect but---" Hamilton cut her off with a kiss.

"No, I'll try it out later. Right now, I have better things to do." He said and kissed her again.

Jiah grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come down lovebirds, its nearly midnight" Sinead knocked on the door.

"Eh.. I don't wanna get up. It's cold." Jiah whined, snuggling closer to Hamilton.

"Come on, its New Years." Hamilton said, sliding out of bed.

"Okay fine." When the two went down the stairs, the Cahills were all surrounding the timer that was counting down until New Years day.

"5.." Hamilton placed his hands on Jiahs waist

"4..." Jiah smiled and placed her arms around his neck

"3..." Jiah pulled him down so their lips were only a breath apart

"2..." "Happy New Years Hamilton"

"1!" They kissed pulled apart, grinning from ear to ear.

"EW WHY IS EVERYONE KISSING AND THEN THERES ME" Dan yelled, covering his eyes.

Natalie laughed. "Because you don't have a girlfriend maybe?" She asked with a smirk. Eric laughed next to her.

"Oh shut up." Dan groaned.

Ned and Ted entered again with glasses of wine and juice.

"Everyone up for a toast?" Ted asked, grinning

"Sure." The group nodded

"Here's to Cahills, the best family in the entire fricking world. May we all survive another year."