Chapter 20- Shopping

The next day....... After breakfast.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone piled on to the two vans waiting for them in front of the house. Nellie and Fiske was on the wheels. The one where Nellie was driving went on Amy, Dan, Jake, Atticus and the Starling triplets. On the other went on Ian, Natalie, Hamilton, Jonah, Phoenix, Madison and Reagan and Jiah. After the seat belts were buckled, the two vans peeled out of the driveway and headed to the nearest mall. There, Nellie and Fiske dropped them off, saying that they would meet them at the same place at 5 o'clock.

Amy spoke up. "If we split, we could get it done in no time.. But if we are going to split, we have to with one group who's
going to my school and the other who's going to Dan's.."

"We only have to buy uniforms and stationary right?" Jiah asked. Amy nodded.

"We can all go to the uniform shop and the stationary place. We don't have to split. I mean it would be crowded but that would be better than putting Dan in charge of the other group right?" She said.

There were laughs and giggles all around with an exception of Dan who said "hey!"

Jiah poked her tongue out at him.

Amy led the group to the uniforms shop where there was all the uniforms from the nearby schools. The cashier, astounded at the amount of kids coming in, quickly brought 3 more assistants from the back. Amy led the older kids to one corner when Dan led the others to the other corner. Two assistants followed Dan's group and quickly brought out shirts, blouses, skirts and trousers, blazers and vests and ties for them to try on. At the other side of the store, the older kids were getting help from the other two assistants.

Dan and Amy, who already had uniforms helped the others as they went in and out of the changing rooms. The boys were done before the girls and lounged at the couches provided with bags full of uniforms beside them. And watched the girls try on theirs.

Madison and Reagan absolutely hated the idea of wearing skirts but a few bribes from Hamilton they finally gave in and found their sizes and sat down next to their brother, still long faced. Natalie too, wasn't fond of wearing things that all the other girls would wear but when she saw the cute uniforms she stopped complaining. Sinead also joined her brothers at the couch area after she found the right sizes for her.

The only people left were Natalie and Jiah. Nat had already chosen her uniform sizes and asking one of the assistants how long the skirts have to be. When the assistant replied saying that the school did not really mind unless you were showing 'inappropriate' parts. Natalie, obviously pleased with the assistent's answer, pulled out her skirt and asked them if they did alterations. The assistant nodded, taking the skirt out if Natalie's hand and asking her how short she wanted it. Nat indicated with her hands that she wanted it around 20cm above her knee. She looked at Ian for confirmation and Ian justed nodded once. Hamilton was shocked.

"You are letting Natalie wear a skirt that short?"

Ian shrugged. "That is decent. She have worn shorter skirts before. At her last school, it was shorter than the middle of her thigh."

Hamilton was opening and closing his mouth like a fish. Madison patted his leg comfortingly. A few moments later, Natalie came skipping back with her shopping bags dangling from her hands. Now they waited for Jiah to finish. Amy was waiting for her outside the changing rooms.

"You done?" Amy asked.

" yes. But I don't think it looks good on me." was the reply from the other side of the door.

" Well, come out so we can see" Amy said.

" Everyone is staring at me, arent they?" Jiah asked.